IPTV Simple asks for stream quality on ANdroid
I have set up IPTV Simple Client on Libreelec and never ran into this issue.

I have direct links to streams (not by way of addons but rather, https://address.com/stream.m3u) that are asking me for stream quality  when I try to open them. This is annoying and in my opinion should not happen .. I have seen this happen with addons when playing streams by way of addon:// (?) but never with a direct stream address

How can I stop this crazyness?
So what changed? You give very little information. Maybe a full debug log?

This is not a LibreElec forum BTW,
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
NOTHING Changed.

I install the same list on 2 different installs of Libreelec and it does not prompt me for resolution

On Android it asks resolution 

Wondering if there is a setting somewhere to determine the resolution of the stream by default on HLS Streams.

There is no error. this is not an error. I doubt a debug log will really show anything useful. It is different behavior o Android vs Libreelec

PVR IPTV SIMPLE IS PROPMPTING FOR A RESOLUTION ON A STREAM THAT DOES NOT COME FROM AN ADDON RATHER IS A URL. THIS IS ON ANDROID. I NEED TO DISABLE THIS PROMPT

I know its not a Libreelec form my problem is that Kodi on ANDROID is asking for resolution. I am saying by comparison, Libreelec works as expected please refrain from further  misrepresentations of what I am asking. I am not trying to sneak in Libreelec support I would go to their forums they are so much nicer  than here. 

Is there a reason you have to be so negative and rude? Just because you are a "team kodi member" gives you the right to be rude and read something that is not even there?

and BTW this forum is far too picky about what addons they see in a log in fact I think you have IPTVMerge as a banned addon only because of the repo it comes from. The moment I sumbit a log you will take that negativity and apply it to something I am using.

My question is straightforward in caps above. I see no reason why you need a log. it is an operational question.

Asking for a log is just your way out of the question.
What a nice way to ask for help.

It's simple, locate the addon that created the popup to ask, check it's settings, if there is no setting for it then edit the addon's code so it won't ask anymore.

That's all.
Sorry,i do not feel like helping reading what you wrote. Not a way to ask for help at all. Bye.
(2023-01-07, 04:12)PDX_Mark Wrote: I see no reason why you need a log. it is an operational question.

So you're asking us to fix your car, but we are not allowed access to the engine. Things don't work that way, mate.
Either you give us full disclosure on what is going on on your LibreELEC device, or the people here go on with their lives.

No log file, no problems to fix. It's as easy as that. We have no crystal ball here, we have no heightened perceptive abilities, nor are there any tea leaf readers. So far, the only situations I've seen where multiple stream qualities are suggested, are with the add-ons that TeamKodi wants no part of.

So either give us the details we need, or find your support elsewhere. The choice is yours.
It’s free to be kind. Just saying.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2023-01-07, 10:49)Klojum Wrote:
(2023-01-07, 04:12)PDX_Mark Wrote: I see no reason why you need a log. it is an operational question.

So you're asking us to fix your car, but we are not allowed access to the engine. Things don't work that way, mate.
Either you give us full disclosure on what is going on on your LibreELEC device, or the people here go on with their lives.

No log file, no problems to fix. It's as easy as that. We have no crystal ball here, we have no heightened perceptive abilities, nor are there any tea leaf readers. So far, the only situations I've seen where multiple stream qualities are suggested, are with the add-ons that TeamKodi wants no part of.

So either give us the details we need, or find your support elsewhere. The choice is yours.

wow, this escalated quickly. since i've already read this, i just wanted to refer to the "the only situations I've seen where multiple stream qualities are suggested, are with the add-ons that TeamKodi wants no part of"
Sometimes, a video stream can have 2 video and 2 audio (or even more) streams with different resolutions. This is something i've seen in my lifetime, not too often though. One stream I remember being like that was a news channel live stream.
So what comes to my mind is - maybe, just maybe, if that's the case and he uses inputstream.adaptive with "ask quality" checked in the settings of inputstream.adaptive, he could get the message to choose the stream.

From my experience (before inputstream.adaptive was a thing), that kind of a stream will play the lowest resolution available, but if i'm in fullscreen and go to "video settings - video stream" i'll be able to choose another resolution from those available because all the video tracks from the stream will be listed there just like they are listed in audio settings when there are more than 1 audio stream available.
I haven't seen such streams in a long time, though. Those I did were usualy open streams from an official website (music channels, news channels -  always live streams).

edit: also, i noticed that in his post, his example of a stream ends as .m3u
if we know m3u is just a playlist that contains a link or links to a stream, his streams might have more than one in that m3u so it's perfectly normal to be asked to choose one.

but i guess he'll have to check what the problem is himself Smile i'd say - download that m3u link of yours and open it up in notepad. if there are more than one streams in the m3u (and m3u is just a textual file, not a stream), see which one you'll use and use that link rather than the m3u to open it up. the m3u is not a link to the stream, m3u just tells a player where the link is and it can also be a playlist of many streams. so if they are m3u, they are not streams. radio stations will use m3u when they have more than one stream available for the listeners.

the whole thing sounds like a lack of understanding of what he's doing and that's probably where the crazyness comes from Big Grin 
i mean, i didn't understand many things years ago, there are so many things i still want to learn. but i also don't remember going wild on someone else because of the lack of my understanding Smile
i only have 166 posts since 2009 because there was no need to ask before i check if the answer exists. and most of the time it did.
please remember logs contain a  LOT of personal information and in my case multiple logins and I really have no desire to spend so much time sanitizing info and find that I still posted a password. Let alone this forums attitude about "some" addons.

A mechanic does not ask to PUBLICLY post personal data your analogy in inaccurate.
(2023-03-28, 20:39)PDX_Mark Wrote: please remember logs contain a  LOT of personal information and in my case multiple logins

AFAIK, all network login info such as passwords are obscured in the log file when a Kodi log is created. This has been the case for a number of years now. If there is some type of login or "personal info" that we missed, then we would very much like to know what that is.

However, when such login info is related to 3rd party add-ons, then that is beyond our reach.

As far as our 'attitude' to some add-ons go, that is our prerogative. This forum has its forum rules (wiki) that we abide to.
(2023-03-28, 20:39)PDX_Mark Wrote: please remember logs contain a  LOT of personal information and in my case multiple logins and I really have no desire to spend so much time sanitizing info and find that I still posted a password. Let alone this forums attitude about "some" addons.

A mechanic does not ask to PUBLICLY post personal data your analogy in inaccurate.
if the information asked for isnt provided it will be very difficult to find a problem, user descriptions of a problem rarely line up with actual log output

if a log is sensitive that alone is suspect but in certain cases being polite maybe it can be worked out to email or pm the log to keep it private between user and developer

in my own case i do not provide logs of my active live system, if needed i will generate a log in a new userdata instance that only pertains to the concern at hand

that method allows full privacy while preventing the developer from reading a bunch of unrelated stuff and helps to enforce the problem is not related to other things installed

and a mechanic does not operate blindly over the internet, they have physical access to the vehicle with the problem so providing information isnt even needed beyond parameters for the fault

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Simple asks for stream quality on ANdroid0