v20 Samsung TV shows an empty screen.
It recognizes Kodi on my PC but shows no content. No folder. Nada.
are you planning on giving any clues as to how this is setup or should we continue guessing?
my samsung tv can see kodi just fine as long as the hdmi cable is plugged in and the source input on the tv is set to HDMI1
Lmao, if I were using an android box I would say so. What would the TV have to do with it?

I'm talking about using the TV's network and internal player!
ah so youre serving files from kodi on windows via upnp or dlna?
my tv has nothing marked as an internal player, i have "samsung tv" as a source, i can load apps but otherwise nothing
what im trying to figure out is what youre actually using so i can duplicate it and compare results, other than an empty screen with no content youve said very little, at least we're getting somewhere when you say youre using the internal player
(2023-01-24, 21:59)jepsizofye Wrote: ah so youre serving files from kodi on windows via upnp or dlna?
my tv has nothing marked as an internal player, i have "samsung tv" as a source, i can load apps but otherwise nothing
what im trying to figure out is what youre actually using so i can duplicate it and compare results, other than an empty screen with no content youve said very little, at least we're getting somewhere when you say youre using the internal player

I recorded a video. First, I access the videos on my computer through Windows' dlna, just so you can see what the interface is like on my TV. Then I use Kodi as the source and you'll see there are no folders or files.

https://streamable.com/hx5vvs
@fede01_8 There is also such a thing as a debug log (wiki). Expecting others to understand your opening post is kinda ludicrous.
(2023-01-25, 08:48)Klojum Wrote: @fede01_8 There is also such a thing as a debug log (wiki). Expecting others to understand your opening post is kinda ludicrous.

How tf am I going to get a debug log out of my TV? Kodi launch normally.
(2023-01-25, 12:45)fede01_8 Wrote: How tf am I going to get a debug log out of my TV? Kodi launch normally.

Do mind your tone on this forum, my finger might accidentally slip onto the wrong delete button.
Come back when your nerves have calmed down.
im not able to duplicate your setup as my tv is not the same as yours and as youve pointed out the issue is not within kodi itself i will not be able to assist in this issue
(2023-01-25, 16:59)jepsizofye Wrote: im not able to duplicate your setup as my tv is not the same as yours and as youve pointed out the issue is not within kodi itself i will not be able to assist in this issue
Kodi 19 worked just fine. So yeah, It's a Kodi issue
in any case, im just a unofficial volunteer and it should not reflect onto kodi or team kodi in any way when i say *I* am unable to assist

hope you get what you need

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samsung TV shows an empty screen.0