• 19(current)
Release [obsolete - now in nightlies] Build - Dolby Vision compatibility/quality improvements
(2023-11-27, 14:19)quietvoid Wrote:
(2023-11-27, 11:30)xsim75 Wrote: In the meantime, thanks for this build! Can I ask to recompile everything with last v21 Nightly?
They added the ability to change cache options directly from the GUI (services in expert mode), really useful for 4K streaming via WiFi LAN.
Thank you.

It'll have to wait until the next Beta release.
Ok, I'll wait..thanks.
I've noticed that there is a slight audio delay introduced on the files that are converted from DV7 to DV8. Is this a known issue?
(2023-11-28, 04:09)UncleBabyBilly Wrote: I've noticed that there is a slight audio delay introduced on the files that are converted from DV7 to DV8. Is this a known issue?

No, it shouldn't have any impact.
Works fine for me.
(2023-11-28, 19:36)quietvoid Wrote:
(2023-11-28, 04:09)UncleBabyBilly Wrote: I've noticed that there is a slight audio delay introduced on the files that are converted from DV7 to DV8. Is this a known issue?

No, it shouldn't have any impact.
Works fine for me.
Can you confirm which hardware you are using?  I am on a Firestick 4k MAX
(2023-11-28, 20:58)UncleBabyBilly Wrote: Can you confirm which hardware you are using?  I am on a Firestick 4k MAX

4K Max and 2nd edition (2023), no delay caused by Kodi.
If there's any delay, it's present without the compatibility mode.
(2023-11-28, 22:44)quietvoid Wrote:
(2023-11-28, 20:58)UncleBabyBilly Wrote: Can you confirm which hardware you are using?  I am on a Firestick 4k MAX

4K Max and 2nd edition (2023), no delay caused by Kodi.
If there's any delay, it's present without the compatibility mode.
Ok same Firestick as me then, going to double check my receiver and see if it needs a different offset compared to the ATV and Shield. Usually 125ms did the trick for everything.
(2023-11-27, 11:30)xsim75 Wrote: In the meantime, thanks for this build! Can I ask to recompile everything with last v21 Nightly?

quietvoid obviously has no time to create builds on a regular basis. If you want to try more recent builds I recommend Maven's Kodi-Builds. These builds include the fix from quietvoid and are updated regularly.
I just uploaded new builds rebased on Kodi 21 Omega Beta 2.
I would just like to say thank you for all the effort and work you put into this to make it work.
Its greatly appreciated and because of you, many of us will get to watch our DV movies (Without black screen) for many many hours with our families.
(2023-12-10, 16:49)quietvoid Wrote: I just uploaded new builds rebased on Kodi 21 Omega Beta 2.

I thought the stuff was now included in the official build?
(2023-12-14, 11:10)meccs Wrote: I thought the stuff was now included in the official build?

Only the Dolby Vision compatibility mode is merged upstream.
The HDR format selection/disable setting isn't.
Just to mention, "HDR format (HDR10+ and Dolby Vision) selection/disable setting" is included in Maven's Kodi builds for FireTV, where they are really needed...
Delete.
I have read through this thread and still don't fully understand the issue or the fix.

All I know for sure is that I'm unable to play DV and HDR10+ hybrid files on the official Kodi omega beta 2.

How does this fix address that issue? And which part of the fix has been back ported?

Thank you kindly to the person who is able to make me understand this!
(2023-12-21, 19:10)ambulancePilot Wrote: All I know for sure is that I'm unable to play DV and HDR10+ hybrid files on the official Kodi omega beta 2.

How does this fix address that issue? And which part of the fix has been back ported?

This build is removing either Dolby Vision or HDR10+ from the video bitstream, which fixes the hardware decoding issue that's causing a blank screen.
The fix isn't upstream in official Kodi builds.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[obsolete - now in nightlies] Build - Dolby Vision compatibility/quality improvements0