• 23(current)
Release [obsolete - now in nightlies] Build - Dolby Vision compatibility/quality improvements
Please help develop support DOVI ISO/BDMV. Thanks.
Hi, what is the best choice for MKV and DoVi now ? Keep Profile 7 (so both layers and don't lose quality for future even if EL is ignored now) and let Kodi do the conversion to 8 ? Or convert directly to Profile 8 ? Thank you !
(2024-02-25, 00:57)NicCo Wrote: Hi, what is the best choice for MKV and DoVi now ? Keep Profile 7 (so both layers and don't lose quality for future even if EL is ignored now) and let Kodi do the conversion to 8 ? Or convert directly to Profile 8 ? Thank you !

You can just keep profile 7 files and have Kodi convert them. It's equivalent, just more convenient to keep original profile 7.
Thank you, so I'll use DGDemux and check the MakeMKV method for DoVi, not Profile 8 conversion
I realize this is an older thread, but I am now seeing grey bars on my older Sony TV with Kodi 21 RC2 playing h.265 with HDR10 and Dolby Vison. I just started using HDR content so I am late to this conversation. Were these merges supposed to take care of this issue? I have been out of the loop for quite a while.
(2024-03-28, 01:08)kricker Wrote: I realize this is an older thread, but I am now seeing grey bars on my older Sony TV with Kodi 21 RC2 playing h.265 with HDR10 and Dolby Vison. I just started using HDR content so I am late to this conversation. Were these merges supposed to take care of this issue? I have been out of the loop for quite a while.

No. In fact they reverted an old workaround that was in place for Sony TVs specifically for this issue.
It was reverted because it causes issues on other devices.
See https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/22561.

You should open an issue on GitHub. Currently there is no way to correct this at all.
It should be feasible to at least have an advanced setting that would restore the old workaround.
Thanks for letting me know. I'll do just that. My neighbor has a newer Sony TV, I'll test it on his as well. For now, I at can at least turn it off on the TV for those files that have the issue.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[obsolete - now in nightlies] Build - Dolby Vision compatibility/quality improvements0