how to delete nfo files and folders after export
I'm new to Kodi and am testing it to see if I can use it to replace JRiver Media Center for playing audio files. I won't go into the details for this switch but during my basic testing I ran into an annoying problem.

JRiver Media Center has some pretty advanced smart playlist features and I'm trying to see if Kodi can match or exceed them. For example, with JRiver, I have used data from the All Music Guide to tag my albums/tracks with a STYLE tag. This allows me to filter by much more detail instead of just GENRE. So while digging into the tagging capabilities of KODI, I learned that advanced tagging needs '.nfo' files. To generate my nfo files, I exported to the same folders where I store my audio files.

By mistake, I activated all of the export options - Albums, Album artists, Song artists, and Other artists. I only wanted an nfo file for each album. I didn't realize this would generate a new folder for every artist.

Now I have all of these folders with a single nfo file. Is there a quick way to delete them from my drive? Windows 11 doesn't seem to have an easy way to find folders with a single nfo file.
One way would be to Sort By->Date Modified.  All of the recently created folders that weren't there before should be first.  Then just find last one in that order that's empty and you can select/delete all the relevant ones at once.
(2023-02-06, 03:30)NeoCortex Wrote: One way would be to Sort By->Date Modified.  All of the recently created folders that weren't there before should be first.  Then just find last one in that order that's empty and you can select/delete all the relevant ones at once.

The export function modifies every folder in your media library, so all folders were modified today. I was able to sort by Date Created and delete those that were created today and that seems to have done the trick.

I also thought I could just search for and delete all artist.nfo files. Then all the new folders associated with an artist but not an album or tracks would end up as empty folders. Then, I could search for all my empty folders with size:empty, but that didn't work.

Anyhows, thanks for leading me to the Date Created sort.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to delete nfo files and folders after export0