Solved Kodi not show show
debug log: https://paste.kodi.tv/redepihawa.kodi

Kodi doesn't display shows.  I checked the net on this and everything is a black screen.  I don't have that.  For instance, when I am trying to watch a show the show doesn't appear but (I had debug on) it showed all the debug stuff in the upper left hand quarter of the screen.  I am not even sure how to start with this one.

Any thought will be appreciated.

Thank you.................
Processor:                     AMD FX(tn)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
Memory:                        15307MB (4282MB used)
Operating System:        Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Kodi v21 Alpha + FFMPEG 5.1.x ... this should prove interesting. Subscribed.

Anticlimactic... Unsubscribed.
Well,

1)  That's not a debug log.  Please start Kodi, enable debugging, quit Kodi, restart it, reproduce your issue and upload the resulting log.
2) I don't see you attempting to play anything in that log.
3) "2023-02-06 09:34:10.838 T:436310 error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting library://video/tvshows/"  <-- corrupted videodb on upgrade to v21?   Proper debug log (wiki) might well reveal much more.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Here is yet another logfile:https://paste.kodi.tv/otalimejav.kodi

As far as I can tell its a debug log.  Here is what I did.  I turned on Kodi,   The first thing I did was to goto kodi system/logging and turned on the debug.  Then the debug stuff appeared on the screen.  I tried to play Triumph of the will.  It ran, with no picture.  I then turned off that movie and went to tv stuff and tried to play 'Vera' same result no picture for the tv either.  I checked the log and its what is registered.  I did the same thing with the first one (not the shows but playing something).

Anyway, something is blocking the videos.  I suspect I may have set something that I shouldn't have but maybe not.  The Simple fact is that kodi won't play video on the screen.  I should also mention that the tv is just fine and plays shows with no problem.  The problem is that Kodi doesn't.  I don't know what else I can do.

For the heck of it I tried to show some photos - Showed them with NO problems.  It just doesn't like videos.  Oh, should also tell you that the audio is just fine.  Its just the lack of a video picture which is the problem and that is with pictures from videos.   Then, for the heck of it, I ran VLC to see what it would do.  It too would not show the video pictures!!   I then went to cnn.com and played one of their videos and it played just fine (with a picture)

Thoughts?
(2023-02-07, 02:15)jwhitt12 Wrote: Here is what I did.  I turned on Kodi,   The first thing I did was to goto kodi system/logging and turned on the debug. 

Don't do that.  It cuts off a bunch of important stuff from the log.

Please do what I asked.  Start Kodi, enable debugging.  Quit Kodi.  Start Kodi, reproduce issue, quit Kodi.  Upload log.  That way, everything will get logged, not just bits of it (which is what happens when it's not running in debug mode from the beginning).

I need to see if there is some issue with certain paths and databases, which a plain log doesn't show (and this happens before the GUI even starts up), hence why you need to enable debugging, quit and restart.

Thank you.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Here is my latest log: https://paste.kodi.tv/ijelofiliq.kodi
So if I understand the issue, VideoCodec can not be created for "Her name was Jo" and "The good doctor" and the MKV files are local? Can you please tell me in private message where to get the video which is not playable on your setup? And you tell VLC also fails to play it?
Maintainer of Kodi from Debian | Got an issue with Kodi from Debian? Report it here: Kodi from Debian - Support Thread
Thank you...

I have been busy.  I copied some of the videos to another machine I have.  That machine needed to have the ubuntu-restricted-extras installed.  Then I tried to play a couple of videos and they played just fine!  So, now, my problems are MY problems!  I, obviously, have something set wrong.  My disaster happened when I deleted all of my tv downloads and I have sonarr trying to rebuild those.  Its been a couple of days but I have most everything back.  However, whilst it was doing that sonarr was also messing with my stuff.  I don't know why or how or even if its a problem.  Until I can get the pictures from the kodi back all the rest is going to have to wait.  I am also wondering if there are any other things, like the restricted stuff that I should be downloading (know of none).

Code:

reg@greg2:~$ sudo lshw -c video
[sudo] password for greg:
  *-display                 
       description: VGA compatible controller
       product: RS780L [Radeon 3000]
       vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
       physical id: 5
       bus info: pci@0000:01:05.0
       logical name: /dev/fb0
       version: 00
       width: 32 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom fb
       configuration: depth=32 driver=radeon latency=0 resolution=1920,1080
       resources: irq:18 memory:d0000000-dfffffff ioport:d000(size=256) memory:fe9f0000-fe9fffff memory:fe800000-fe8fffff memory:c0000-dffff
greg@greg2:~$

https://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xen...eon.4.html

So, should I swap out drivers?  What should I be looking for in my setup?

Last edited by jgw; 1 Minute Ago at 04:11 PM.

Memory: 16gb
Processor: AMD® Fx™-4300 quad-core processor × 4
Graphics: AMD® Rs780 Resolution: 1920x1080 pixels
Edit Post   Quick Reply   Adv Reply   Reply With Quote         

I have also found that I have a pile of mkv files.  Some will play with a picture and some will not.  They are, in theory all the same.  The sizes make no difference, 720, 1020, etc make no difference.

I am missing something here and have something really setup wrong but don't know what it is.

I am also wondering just what stuff is wrong that I need to fix. 

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks for the help.

I solved my problem.  I had some display cards available and put an nvidia card in and I now have a picture.
Thread marked solved.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not show show0