$INFO[MusicPlayer.UserRating] doesn't change during playback?
(2023-02-15, 18:33)black_eagle Wrote: It appears that although the db (and associated musicinfotag for the item) are correctly updated, the NotifyItemUpdated call for music items doesn't trigger the GUI to reload changed listitems.  So, I can see in the debugger that the userrating has changed in both the database and the infotag but the gui does not display that changed info.

I have some code that does update it correctly however.  Or at least, I think it's correct in that it works, art stays the same etc.

@realcopacetic I can get you a test build later if you would like to make sure it does actually do what you want if you let me know what platform(s) you need.  If it's Linux, you'll need to build it from my branch when I push it, but I can give you details for that if necessary.

Thanks, I'm on windows
(2023-02-16, 00:10)realcopacetic Wrote: Thanks, I'm on windows

Windows test build -> https://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/wind...ui-x64.exe once the mirrors have synced.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Hey @black_eagle, it works a charm! Is this something that will be added to Nexus or does it go into Omega?
(2023-02-18, 22:19)realcopacetic Wrote: it works a charm! Is this something that will be added to Nexus or does it go into Omega?

Yeah, it's much better imho.  If you use the json API to update something in the music db that can be displayed by a listitem, then the GUI should reflect that change.  At least, that makes sense to me.

Assuming I can get it approved, it'll go into Omega.  I think the chances of backporting it to Nexus are pretty slim although I would argue that it's a bug and therefore warrants being backported.

However, very few currently active Kodi team members are actually interested in the music side of things, so reviews and approvals are not as easy as with the video / tv  side of things.  The dev that knows most about the music library, @DaveBlake, seems to have taken a few steps back from Kodi so getting approval is even more difficult without his input / help.  Still, I don't give up easily....
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks I understand. Yeah I tried to extend the music side of things a bit with my addon and widgets to make it feel a bit more like some of the streaming platforms I use (Mainly YT Music, but don't hold it against me!). Anyway I think I'm close to being ready to submitting my skin for approval, so fingers crossed.

I just need to figure out the issue I have with the playlists not playing back correctly from my Create Radio Station button, then I'll probably stop there for now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
$INFO[MusicPlayer.UserRating] doesn't change during playback?0