Kodi nexus, Doesn't play most 4k HDR files.
Hi there!! I have installed Kodi on a 4k + fire stick (I also have it on a Zidoo Z10 mediacenter where it does the same thing that I comment below).

I have a good collection of 4K HDR movies on an external drive with network connection and I play them through Kodi (via SMB server) and most of them play great.

The problem is that there are others (4k hdr) that do not reproduce them correctly. The sound can be heard well, but nothing can be seen on the screen apart from the fact that you can't even see the kodi player itself and even the back button doesn't work. I have to press the "Home" button on the remote to exit the application, since everything is blocked.

If I remove the surface hardware accelerator and the Mediacodec is not visible either, but if I remove only the Surface and leave the bottom one (Mediacodec) it does play, but it does so without HDR even though it is activated below.

Is there a solution to be able to see the content in its maximum splendor?

Thank you!!
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Can you clarify which FireTV Stick 4K you have? 2018 or 2021 (Max version)?
This is a known issue with Dolby Vision profile 7 files and those with HDR10+. You can confirm with MediaInfo.

It's a hardware/firmware problem and not something caused by Kodi, but it shouldn't be happening on other devices.
You can find a build that has a workaround here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=371557
(2023-03-15, 15:27)quietvoid Wrote: Can you clarify which FireTV Stick 4K you have? 2018 or 2021 (Max version)?
This is a known issue with Dolby Vision profile 7 files and those with HDR10+. You can confirm with MediaInfo.

It's a hardware/firmware problem and not something caused by Kodi, but it shouldn't be happening on other devices.
You can find a build that has a workaround here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=371557

Hello!
I specified it in the comment. It is the Max (+), supposedly the most powerful.

Thank you very much for your help, I will see the compilation that you have told me.

I write with the results.
(2023-03-15, 12:44)Hitcher Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

Thanks I'll do it.
(2023-03-15, 15:27)quietvoid Wrote: Can you clarify which FireTV Stick 4K you have? 2018 or 2021 (Max version)?

Edit later:

It would install this apk, right? "kodi-21-Omega-armeabi-v7a-release-quietvoid-2023-03-11.apk"

Thank you very much for your work!
(2023-03-15, 16:58)Fydo Wrote: It would install this apk, right? "kodi-21-Omega-armeabi-v7a-release-quietvoid-2023-03-11.apk"

Yes, you will have to change the new processing settings to test.
If the files you have issues with are Dolby Vision, start by enabling the conversion.
If there are some files with both Dolby Vision and HDR10+, you will also have to disable HDR10+.

Both of these issues are caused by the device, not Kodi.
(2023-03-15, 17:03)quietvoid Wrote:
(2023-03-15, 16:58)Fydo Wrote: It would install this apk, right? "kodi-21-Omega-armeabi-v7a-release-quietvoid-2023-03-11.apk"

Yes, you will have to change the new processing settings to test.
If the files you have issues with are Dolby Vision, start by enabling the conversion.
If there are some files with both Dolby Vision and HDR10+, you will also have to disable HDR10+.

Both of these issues are caused by the device, not Kodi.

Hello. I am testing your build, but it gives me a lot of crashes, when searching for folders online and especially when trying to install any add on.zip. it stays blocked, restarts or I get a "Structure" error.

Tomorrow I'll keep trying, it's getting late and I'm going.

thank you!!
Hello! in the end I was able to solve it (with your compilation). It turns out that I had a network problem and it gave me errors with the library.

I have finally been able to play my movies, I just have to deactivate the Dolby vision box and leave HDR10 +. now I just need to know, why having the sound configuration in 7.1 with all the audio codecs selected in direct input mode, it only gives me a 5.1 surround when the track is 7.1 in DTS (for example).

many thanks for everything!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi nexus, Doesn't play most 4k HDR files.0