Solved Modifying Kodi on Google Chromecast with Google TV
Good day everyone!

Not too sure if I'm in the right thread but here goes my question: has anyone ever been able to change/add files in the Chromecast with Google TV dongle i.e. adding an Advancedsettings.xml file?

I have a NAS hosting all my video files and also running MariaDB for my Kodi Library.  I have several Android TV boxes running Kodi 20 with the central Library and everything runs smoothly.  I recently purchased few Chromecast with TV (4K), installed Kodi on them, but everything runs locally!  I would like to be able to run the Library from the NAS like my Android boxes but cannot manage how to do it?

Anyone managed to get this working on their side?

Thanks for the help!
The normal way of getting the advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file onto such devices is to put it somewhere on your network that is visible to the device as a source (your NAS box for example) and then use the file manager within Kodi to move or copy the file onto the device in the right place (your userdata (wiki) folder).

Never tried it on one of these, but it works for similar dongle devices where access is limited.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
adb push/pull is another way to transfer files between Android devices like CCwGTV, e.g.

Code:
adb pull /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata
(2023-03-23, 14:26)DarrenHill Wrote: The normal way of getting the advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file onto such devices is to put it somewhere on your network that is visible to the device as a source (your NAS box for example) and then use the file manager within Kodi to move or copy the file onto the device in the right place (your userdata (wiki) folder).

Never tried it on one of these, but it works for similar dongle devices where access is limited.
This worked perfectly!  No issues with access rights!  Thanks so much for the help\
(2023-03-27, 04:59)crawfish Wrote: adb push/pull is another way to transfer files between Android devices like CCwGTV, e.g.

Code:
adb pull /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata
Hummmm... This is interesting.... I will have to investigate this thing...  especially that I have 4 Chromecast to update every time I do a change on my configuration files!

Thanks for the hint!
(2023-03-28, 08:40)Jeff721 Wrote: Hummmm... This is interesting.... I will have to investigate this thing...  especially that I have 4 Chromecast to update every time I do a change on my configuration files!

Thanks for the hint!

Also, "adb shell" will give you access to many shell commands on the device, like ls, cat, etc.
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modifying Kodi on Google Chromecast with Google TV0