Solved No audio passthrough for stereo AAC? Logs included.
Hi there,

My Kodi 20.1 set-up, running on a fresh Chromecast (CCWGTV) is correctly performing audio passthrough for multichannel audio (e.g. DD+). However, for a videostream with a regal 2.0 AAC audio track, the audio appears to be decoded and my soundbar receives LPCM 2.0 48 kHz. This results in weird audio artifacts where my soundbar is not handling the input well and continiously switches between sending sound through the subwoofer or not, a very annoying listening experience to say the least.

Kodi logs: bixavaluce (paste)

Line 4714 states the following: 2023-04-02 22:36:02.081 T:27506    info <general>: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86018, channels: 2, sample rate: 48000, no pass-through)

I have no idea why this is happening. I already have following settings configured in Kodi:
  • System > Audio: Allow passthrough: yes + all receiver options enabled
  • System > Audio: Passthrough output device: AudioTrack (IEC), Kodi IEC packer (recommended)
  • Player > Video: Sync playback to display: disabled
  • Chromecast settings: passthrough enabled for all audio formats
Does anyone have any idea why the basic AAC is still being decoded? And, if this cannot be prevented, can I somehow remove the audio artifacts that are a result of the current decoding?

Thanks in advance for your time!
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
My apologies. Banned addon and repository have been removed.

New paste: haritabasi (paste)

Audio decoding now occurs on line 2562: 2023-04-02 23:33:50.797 T:8282     info <general>: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86018, channels: 2, sample rate: 48000, no pass-through)
So appartently Kodi doesn't support AAC passthroguh and audio will always be decoded to LPCM.

After ruling out Kodi issues, the audio artifacts seemed to be caused by my soundbar and are now resolved upon a full factory reset of the soundbar. Thread can be closed.
Thread marked solved.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio passthrough for stereo AAC? Logs included.0