v20 Incorrect ordering of episodes
Hi

First, thanks for this awesome skin.

I've noticed that Aeon Tajo orders episodes incorrectly. Which  get sorted correctly in the default skin Estuary.

My tvshow consists of: season 1, season 2, season 3. There are two special episodes which I've renamed as S02E01 and S02E11 (and exist in folder 'season 0') so that they get displayed and played in the correct order. I've also edited their nfos to make use of the displayseason and displayepisode. For example:
```
    <season>2</season>
    <episode>11</episode>
    <displayseason>2</displayseason>
    <displayepisode>11</displayepisode>
```

I'm using `View: Triple` and what happens is I get:
season 1 - correct
season 3 - it jumped over seasn 2
season 2 - both specials show before all other episodes... well, one is correct since it's S02E01 and that's what we want, but S02E11 is not

Seems like a bug. Any thoughts or way to fix this?

BTW the reason the specials are not using a naming like `S00Exx` is because then a new season gets created (ie in the view we get a new season entry) and it disorganizes things further.

Thanks.
Take into account that Estuary doesn't have a Triple view, in which you can see TvShow, Season and Episode in the same screen (in fact, it doesn't even have a "Double"...). That could give you a clue. Kodi doesn't provide native support for that, so I had to resort to code it in the skin, which could or could not give you the expected results. In this case, the order or seasons is ruled by this line:

<content target="video" sortby="year" sortorder="ascending">$INFO[Container(590).ListItem.FolderPath]</content>

...so it should order seasons by year. Assuming there's no more than one season a year, everything should go well; if that's not the case, or the episodes in that season are from several years, i don't know how Kodi would order them, maybe that's your issue. There's nothing I can do about that in Triple view.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2023-04-06, 22:32)manfeed Wrote: <content target="video" sortby="year" sortorder="ascending">$INFO[Container(590).ListItem.FolderPath]</content>

Thank you for the explanation. Just wondering, instead of by "year" can it be done by filename? I mean, that would cover all bases as long as the file is properly named.
The only case where it wouldn't work is if you have something like: "series - episode title - SxxExx.mp4" but I believe most people have things as "series - SxxExx - (optional title).mp4"
No, that’s not possible. Anyway, my explanation was about the order of seasons. The episodes belonging to each season are ordered by “premiered”, that’s the date they were first aired. I don’t know if you have that field in your episode info. Also, of course, make sure you’re in Nexus and in the last Aeon Tajo version (5.9.0)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2023-04-07, 09:28)manfeed Wrote: premiered
That is for movies.
<aired>2020-02-24</aired> is for episodes.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-04-06, 17:02)adama42 Wrote: Hi

First, thanks for this awesome skin.

I've noticed that Aeon Tajo orders episodes incorrectly. Which  get sorted correctly in the default skin Estuary.

My tvshow consists of: season 1, season 2, season 3. There are two special episodes which I've renamed as S02E01 and S02E11 (and exist in folder 'season 0') so that they get displayed and played in the correct order. I've also edited their nfos to make use of the displayseason and displayepisode. For example:
```
    <season>2</season>
    <episode>11</episode>
    <displayseason>2</displayseason>
    <displayepisode>11</displayepisode>
```

I'm using `View: Triple` and what happens is I get:
season 1 - correct
season 3 - it jumped over seasn 2
season 2 - both specials show before all other episodes... well, one is correct since it's S02E01 and that's what we want, but S02E11 is not

Seems like a bug. Any thoughts or way to fix this?

BTW the reason the specials are not using a naming like `S00Exx` is because then a new season gets created (ie in the view we get a new season entry) and it disorganizes things further.

Thanks.
What's stopping you from sorting? If you have correctly created NFO files, then everything works. For example: sort by "Title".
(2023-04-07, 10:10)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-04-07, 09:28)manfeed Wrote: premiered
That is for movies.
<aired>2020-02-24</aired> is for episodes.

To say the truth I don't even know what parameters I can use to order each type of content... Is there any place where I can learn about that? Thanks!
@adama42 

About the order for episodes in Triple view you could try editing the file View_590_Triple.xml and searching for the line that reads:

<content target="video" sortby="premiered" sortorder="ascending">$INFO[Container(5903).ListItem.FolderPath]</content>

and changing it to:

<content target="video" sortby="episode" sortorder="ascending">$INFO[Container(5903).ListItem.FolderPath]</content>

...and test if that fixes your issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Incorrect ordering of episodes0