New Forum Issues (April 2023)
(2023-04-24, 16:54)MHSwizzleStick Wrote: When I click the user name dropdown in the upper right and select "View Today's Post", it correctly brings me to this page:
  https://forum.kodi.tv/search.php?action=...bdded30188

BUT from that page, clicking on any thread just brings me back to the same page instead of opening the thread.

Windows 10, Firefox 112.0.1 (64 bit)

Same thing happens on Microsoft Edge
I see the same issue, I do see that the "Go to first unread post" (blue right arrow) does link to the thread, but the title link href is empty (thus goes nowhere).
(2023-04-24, 20:33)kcook_shield Wrote: When I click the user name dropdown in the upper right and select "View Today's Post", it correctly brings me to this page:
This works for me on FF57 - 112.0.1, Cent Browser, Edge, SLim Browser, Epic, Chrome, Brave, Vivaldi, PaleMoon and MX5.

Shedrock
Syntax formatting seems to be acting up.
(2023-04-24, 22:38)SEIKT Wrote: Syntax formatting seems to be acting up.
What is the problem?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-04-24, 21:55)shedrock Wrote:
(2023-04-24, 20:33)kcook_shield Wrote: When I click the user name dropdown in the upper right and select "View Today's Post", it correctly brings me to this page:
This works for me on FF57 - 112.0.1, Cent Browser, Edge, SLim Browser, Epic, Chrome, Brave, Vivaldi, PaleMoon and MX5.

Shedrock
Do you mean you get the page? (I do also).

Do you mean when on that page, you can click a title and get sent to that thread? (This is where my experience differs, the href link to the title is blank, thus it just reloads the current page and does not go to the thread.)

FF 112.0.1 Windows 11
(2023-04-24, 22:46)Karellen Wrote:
What is the problem?
Actually the formatting only appears distorted after creating a reply. When refreshing the page, it appears to display the correct formatting.

Edit 100: It seems temperamental. I tried editing one of my other posts but it remains distorted. It could be an issue with my browser though. This is the post I am referring to.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3150931
I noticed that the forum is no longer translatable through the official google translate site, before the Data Breach it worked correctly, now that it's back online again, every time you try to translate any page of the forum it always returns a blank page.

I think it is the result of the new protections implemented, it's right, but I ask if it could be possible to use google translate to translate the forum pages.

example:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=372917
(it works properly)

Site translated via google translate:
https://forum-kodi-tv.translate.goog/sho...r_pto=wapp
(blank page)

(I hope it's not just my problem...)

Thanking all the developers for the continued support.
If i helped you, you can thank me with a thumbs up 👍 below, thanks 🙏.
Kodi 20.x stable release | Skin Confluence (by Jezz_X)
I like editing skins ❤
(2023-04-24, 22:50)kcook_shield Wrote: Do you mean when on that page, you can click a title and get sent to that thread? (This is where my experience differs, the href link to the title is blank, thus it just reloads the current page and does not go to the thread.)
Sorry, I misunderstood your post at first glance. I actually reported that issue as well earlier on.

Regards,

Shedrock
Glad the forum is back Smile Has the notification icon at the top been removed? I no longer get a notification when there is a new post in the subscribed topic.

Thank you Smile
(2023-04-25, 13:47)beatmasterrs Wrote: Glad the forum is back Smile Has the notification icon at the top been removed? I no longer get a notification when there is a new post in the subscribed topic.
Yes, it got removed for now. This was a third party plugin that is no longer maintained by the authors and it had a ton of dependencies to other unmaintained MyBB plugins/libraries. And manually reviewing 10k+ lines of code was not on our high priority list. Unfortunately there does not seem to be a more up to date successor for this feature, so it might still take a while until this feature will be back (if at all), sorry.
(2023-04-24, 23:29)shedrock Wrote:
(2023-04-24, 22:50)kcook_shield Wrote: Do you mean when on that page, you can click a title and get sent to that thread? (This is where my experience differs, the href link to the title is blank, thus it just reloads the current page and does not go to the thread.)
Sorry, I misunderstood your post at first glance. I actually reported that issue as well earlier on.
this should be fixed by now
should be working again
i would request the maximum password length of 30 characters be raised if possible
Topics created after the forum was reinstated, do not get any views counted in the Search Results listings.
I just wish to thank the team for their tireless effort in bringing back this important part of the Kodi experience.

So glad to have you all back guys! Onwards!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Forum Issues (April 2023)0