bookmark created for new media
still running 19.5 due to dependencies but thans for the headsup, i just set it to false for the time being. but will create an issue with tmm, makes no sense to me to set a resume point in the nfo with "0.0"
(2023-05-25, 14:34)mason Wrote: still running 19.5 due to dependencies but thans for the headsup, i just set it to false for the time being. but will create an issue with tmm, makes no sense to me to set a resume point in the nfo with "0.0"
I don't use NFO files and imports into Kodi so I am not quite following the issue exactly but is the problem that you want Kodi to import your bookmarks from NFO files and for those files which don't have bookmarks in the NFO file it creates a Kodi bookmark with 0.0 ?   If I can understand the problem better I might be able to add something to Kodi Selective Cleaner to make this easier (i.e. delete bookmarks where the time value is 0.0 etc..) to manage.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
thanks to Karellen i figured out where this behavior lives in the code

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Nexus/....cpp#L1461

all it requires is
importresumepoint advanced setting to be true which it defaults to according to the PR
for libraryImport to be false which should only be set on full library import which an nfo shouldnt be
and for the resumePoint to be set at all

https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....deolibrary setting importresumepoint=false should prevent bookmark
(2023-05-25, 14:59)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2023-05-25, 14:34)mason Wrote: still running 19.5 due to dependencies but thans for the headsup, i just set it to false for the time being. but will create an issue with tmm, makes no sense to me to set a resume point in the nfo with "0.0"
I don't use NFO files and imports into Kodi so I am not quite following the issue exactly but is the problem that you want Kodi to import your bookmarks from NFO files and for those files which don't have bookmarks in the NFO file it creates a Kodi bookmark with 0.0 ?   If I can understand the problem better I might be able to add something to Kodi Selective Cleaner to make this easier (i.e. delete bookmarks where the time value is 0.0 etc..) to manage.

To me it looks like an issue with tinymediamanager, tmm writes an emtpy position to the </resume> part of the nfo which makes no sense to me. I've opened up a ticket with tmm, let's see what they make of it.
I couldn't think of a case where it's usefull to write this information to the nfo anyway, watch status, last time watched... that might be helpful. but I think not much people would have a ton of unfinished movies where they need that information in the nfo anyway.
(2023-05-25, 15:35)mason Wrote: ... I couldn't think of a case where it's usefull to write this information to the nfo anyway, watch status, last time watched... that might be helpful. but I think not much people would have a ton of unfinished movies where they need that information in the nfo anyway.
what really doesnt make sense is for tmm to do any of those things, how is it supposed to have that information? kodi sets watched count, resume point, last watched but from a newly imported nfo i would expect its only imported when there are no such values - i.e. NEW import
(2023-05-25, 15:40)jepsizofye Wrote:
(2023-05-25, 15:35)mason Wrote: ... I couldn't think of a case where it's usefull to write this information to the nfo anyway, watch status, last time watched... that might be helpful. but I think not much people would have a ton of unfinished movies where they need that information in the nfo anyway.
what really doesnt make sense is for tmm to do any of those things, how is it supposed to have that information? kodi sets watched count, resume point, last watched but from a newly imported nfo i would expect its only imported when there are no such values
absolutely, in the case of new files. but tmm has a feature to connect to kodi, read the watch status and write it back to the nfo, might be helpful for rebuilding a db or library when you don't need or want an external service like trakt.
@jbinkley60

i believe if you were to include some functionality for this in your cleaner addon, you are looking for entries in the bookmarks table with a 'timeInSeconds' value of 0

potentially, if i were to set it up, a value of less than 10 because resuming from 10 seconds or less is usually worthless (possibly user configurable)

and then remove the corresponding bookmark in whichever way is appropriate for kodi
(2023-05-25, 16:00)jepsizofye Wrote: @jbinkley60

i believe if you were to include some functionality for this in your cleaner addon, you are looking for entries in the bookmarks table with a 'timeInSeconds' value of 0

potentially, if i were to set it up, a value of less than 10 because resuming from 10 seconds or less is usually worthless (possibly user configurable)

and then remove the corresponding bookmark in whichever way is appropriate for kodi

That would be easy to do and would be lightening fast to remove them.  I could add an addon  setting where you can pick the cutoff value for bookmarks  below a certain number of seconds (i.e. 0-10).  I'd lean towards removing them vs. setting to some low number value.  Like you, I don't see the point of a resume pointer of 10 seconds.   If you folks think this would be of value and are willing to help test it, I can probably have something ready next week. 

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Sort of an aside, but several Kodi versions ago I was adding chapter entries into mkv files, and found that Kodi (probably really XBMC) didn't handle skip forward/back correctly unless I wrote a chapter at 00:00:00.000 which I do ever since.  So only strip resume bookmarks not chapter (and probably episode too).

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
bookmark created for new media0