How do I get my NFO information to also apply for my folders?
Hi again -
I figured out a way to make it the way I wanted in favorites:
https://paste.kodi.tv/egakitatuk

This is a python script that reads the NFO files (in dd-mm-yyyy format) and changes the folders and subfolders date to what the NFO says <premiered>date</premiered> is, that way I can use the same method in favourites as in normal movies.
That said! I think I want to use the "proper" Kodi movies format with the use of <set></set> and trying to organize it a bit better, the reason I want to use favourites is because I want it to be completely offline. With the whole Reddit API thing I really want to create my movie database that's only offline and does not rely on online capabilities at all.
I've spent a lot of time ripping my dvd's and blu-rays with makemkv and converting them with FFMPEG, and it takes A LOT of time, including getting all the subtitles etc, and just not having 100% say over that it irks me, as IMDB is the property of Amazon, and I don't trust Amazon.

I have many more questions and need a lot more help, should I make new threads for them, or would it be alright if we continued here? I understand that it might be better to make a new thread for forum integrity.
As far as I know the favourites window (introduced in Kodi 20) only provides sort methods of user preference and name.  If you are getting them in folder-date order I think that is an accident as how "user preference" first gets assigned when adding a folder tree as a favourite.  I'm not sure I would count on that behavior always working in the future.

scott s.
(2023-06-18, 16:25)TryggNorwegian Wrote: the reason I want to use favourites is because I want it to be completely offline.
Favourites has nothing to do with being online or offline. And we certainly don't use Reddit for anything in Kodi (what is the issue with reddit?)

(2023-06-18, 16:25)TryggNorwegian Wrote: That said! I think I want to use the "proper" Kodi movies format with the use of <set></set> and trying to organize it a bit better
Then you will need to use the Kodi scrapers. It looks like you are part way there, then have gone off track a little bit.
Follow this guide. Check your folder and file naming is correct, then use Step 6 to scrape the library... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library

(2023-06-18, 16:25)TryggNorwegian Wrote: I really want to create my movie database that's only offline and does not rely on online capabilities at all.
Once your library is created, there is no need to be online. Its the actual creation that requires the internet, as you add more movies and tv shows.
I wouldn't be paranoid using the scrapers. If you can write your own python scripts, then you can run your eyes over the python scrapers and see they are pretty harmless.

(2023-06-18, 16:25)TryggNorwegian Wrote: I have many more questions and need a lot more help, should I make new threads for them, or would it be alright if we continued here?
If they are all related to getting your library working, then continue in this thread.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-06-18, 22:58)Karellen Wrote: Favourites has nothing to do with being online or offline. And we certainly don't use Reddit for anything in Kodi (what is the issue with reddit?)

I'm moving away from the favourites, and working on creating a proper infrastructure. I'm nearly there, but there are a few hiccups.
Reddit is apparently going public, and in preperation for that Reddit wanted to kill third party apps like Apollo by raising the API cost to an impossible amount.
*Tinfoil hat on* It's probably to drive up the stock prices when they do go public.

(2023-06-18, 22:58)Karellen Wrote: Then you will need to use the Kodi scrapers. It looks like you are part way there, then have gone off track a little bit.
Follow this guide. Check your folder and file naming is correct, then use Step 6 to scrape the library... HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)

Thank you, I've used this quite a bit now and I've started to get the hang of it.

(2023-06-18, 22:58)Karellen Wrote: If they are all related to getting your library working, then continue in this thread.

I want to create thumbs for countries, such as Japan, I'm trying to create the .nfo to be like this:
<country>
   Japan
   <thumb>\Path\To\Directory\Japan.png</thumb>
</country>

but it doesn't want to show the japanese flag (in this instance) maybe Kodi doesn't support this? I got the actors to work flawlessly though, a link is a link right, so I got actor portraits offline working.
(2023-06-27, 17:15)TryggNorwegian Wrote: but it doesn't want to show the japanese flag (in this instance) maybe Kodi doesn't support this?
No, it doesn't.
Country flags are controlled by the skin. Some skins show flags, other skins show nothing. The flag thumb is embedded in the skin, if it is used.
Which skin are you using?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-06-27, 20:28)Karellen Wrote: Which skin are you using?

I'm using the default one, maybe I can tweak the default one to show these things?
I could probably tweak it to do that if the workload is reasonable enough?
(2023-06-27, 21:51)TryggNorwegian Wrote: 'm using the default one,
Estuary does not display country flags. The country is displayed as text in the information page.

(2023-06-27, 21:51)TryggNorwegian Wrote: maybe I can tweak the default one to show these things?
Yes. But if you know nothing of skinning, then you have a very difficult task ahead of you.
Maybe look at another skin that does use image type flags.
My Signature
(2023-06-27, 22:11)Karellen Wrote: Yes. But if you know nothing of skinning, then you have a very difficult task ahead of you.

Don't threaten me with a good time! Big Grin
Is there a FAQ somewhere I can look at?
(2023-06-27, 22:25)TryggNorwegian Wrote: Is there a FAQ somewhere I can look at?
Try here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Skinning
My Signature
Thank you!
Hello again!
I'm now working on tv series, which is apparently a bit different from movies.

I have it setup so that my nfo is "tvshow.nfo" but I was wondering if there was a way to make an nfo for seasons, and not just episodes & series as a whole?
I am also unclear if the "tvshow.nfo" allows me to make a season 1 plot - season 2 plot, etc while not having an individual nfo for seasons?

Hope I made myself understandable.
Kodi doesn't support season .nfo; the workaround might be to take season posters/thumbs/fanart and encode needed info directly into the artwork via paint program (yup a lot of work, but it seems dedicated WD players do it all the time!).
(2023-07-01, 13:57)TryggNorwegian Wrote: I have it setup so that my nfo is "tvshow.nfo"
Is there are a reason you are not using the Kodi scrapers? I asked you this previously, but you did not answer.
You seem to be creating an extremely large workload for yourself, when the scrapers can be creating your library automatically.
My Signature
(2023-07-01, 20:25)Karellen Wrote: Is there are a reason you are not using the Kodi scrapers? I asked you this previously, but you did not answer.

Oh sorry, I must have missed it or been pre-occupied and forgot. Either way it went to memento XD
The reason is simply that I'm using this as an exercise to learn python and simple programming.
Just expanding my horizons as they say.
(2023-10-20, 09:37)Aakriti Wrote: Hopefully, Kodi adds better support for season .nfo files in the future.
You might want to make this a feature request in https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9 if there already isn't a thread. I should note that movie 'sets' have this function now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I get my NFO information to also apply for my folders?0