Can't clean Audio Database
Greetings and Salutations!!!  Hope someone can help. I can't seem to run clean on my music database. When I try in settings, it asks if i want to; I say YES, and a line drops down and disappear immediately. It's almost like it doesn't find the database or can't access it. Any assistance or suggestions on what my next step should be? Should I delete MyMusic82.db and relaunch? Will I have to re-add my music, or will it recreate the db automatically? 

Thanks in Advance!
How many music files do you have?  Can you play music?  Computers run very fast and can do 1,000's of operations per sec.  Maybe it's cleaning the database before you can see it on-screen?  Maybe there's no errors to clean?

If you still think there's something wrong, you could grab a copy of Kodi's logs and upload them here.  How to do that is beyond my expertise!
Good Point, Thanks!
There's too many variables to compare my music database to yours but, just for fun, I have 70,000 songs and it took 10-12 minutes for Kodi to clean the database.  I ran the operation twice.
(2023-06-21, 20:09)dubwat Wrote: There's too many variables to compare my music database to yours but, just for fun, I have 70,000 songs and it took 10-12 minutes for Kodi to clean the database.  I ran the operation twice.

i have about 87,000 tracks, and it seems to start then immediately stop. Less than a second - no files run through like w/viseo files
@RonnieG3

What are you trying to accomplish by running the Music Clean Library?
What do you think should be happening that is not happening?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-06-21, 21:16)Karellen Wrote: @RonnieG3

What are you trying to accomplish by running the Music Clean Library?
What do you think should be happening that is not happening?
Clearing oldentries and fanart. Deleted a few artists from my library and just wantted to get them out of the database. I set my old music dbase to backup and just re-entered to library locations and rebuilt it.
(2023-06-21, 22:50)RonnieG3 Wrote: Clearing oldentries and fanart. Deleted a few artists from my library
You deleted artists from Kodi library? How did you do this? It shouldn't be possible.
What are the "old entries"- songs, artists, albums? How did you delete them?

https://kodi.wiki/view/Update_Music_Libr...move_Music
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm assuming "delete artist" means remove all song files with that artist in any role.  Debug log capturing an attempted clean would be a start.  As an aside, for my part when removing song files from a source I always run "update" not "clean".

scott s.
(2023-06-21, 22:53)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-06-21, 22:50)RonnieG3 Wrote: Clearing oldentries and fanart. Deleted a few artists from my library
You deleted artists from Kodi library? How did you do this? It shouldn't be possible.
What are the "old entries"- songs, artists, albums? How did you delete them?

https://kodi.wiki/view/Update_Music_Libr...move_Music
A friend downloaded "The Wiggles", "Waylon Jennings" and some others. In KODI, I went to the Artist, hit delete, and it asked if I wanted to delete all the files too. I said yes, but the images and orphaned entries come up every now and then. I deleted the Artist folder, which deleted the artist, albums, and tracks. I thought that was deleting them from the library - I may have misspoken and meant Dbase. If so I apologize.
(2023-06-22, 03:03)RonnieG3 Wrote: In KODI, I went to the Artist, hit delete, and it asked if I wanted to delete all the files too.
Ok, it took me a few minutes to figure out what you are doing...
1. You have enabled "Allow file renaming and deletion" in Settings>Media>General
2. You are deleting from Files view, not the library.

I think what the problem is, is that you are using the wrong Clean library.
There are two Clean Librarys in the Settings page. One is for Video, the other is for Music. You need to scroll the page to get to the Music Clean Library.
See image here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Li...ic_Library
My Signature
(2023-06-22, 03:25)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-06-22, 03:03)RonnieG3 Wrote: In KODI, I went to the Artist, hit delete, and it asked if I wanted to delete all the files too.
Ok, it took me a few minutes to figure out what you are doing...
1. You have enabled "Allow file renaming and deletion" in Settings>Media>General
2. You are deleting from Files view, not the library.

I think what the problem is, is that you are using the wrong Clean library.
There are two Clean Librarys in the Settings page. One is for Video, the other is for Music. You need to scroll the page to get to the Music Clean Library.
See image here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Li...ic_Library
Well it's working now. I think my original database was corrupted and wouldn't allow clean to run. Whatever it was, it's working well enough now.  Thank you!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't clean Audio Database0