Switching to Universal movie scraper question
TMDB scraper recently broke on my Mac Mini running Kodi 18.7.

If I switch to the Universal movie scraper is it necessary to rescrape the entire drive or can I just scrape info for any new movies I’ve added to it?
(2023-07-13, 17:02)phase700b Wrote: TMDB scraper recently broke on my Mac Mini running Kodi 18.7.
I don't think there are any scrapers left for v18 and older. They have slowly been abandoned since the newer python scrapers were written and only work for v19 and later.
Can you updated to Kodi v20.2?

(2023-07-13, 17:02)phase700b Wrote: If I switch to the Universal movie scraper is it necessary to rescrape the entire drive or can I just scrape info for any new movies I’ve added to it?
No need to rescrape the entire drive. Just scrape new movies that you add.
See.. https://kodi.wiki/view/Changing_Scrapers

Be aware, we are getting reports that Universal Movie Scraper is also having some problems. See here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Changing_Scrapers
So best that you seriously look at updating to v20.2. Then use the default scrapers that are installed, but adjust your scraper settings as needed.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'll try 20.2. I have stayed with 18.7 so long because I had crashing issues with a couple versions of 19. Hoping 20.2 will be stable on my Mac Mini.
Thanks.
(2023-07-13, 23:05)phase700b Wrote: I have stayed with 18.7 so long because I had crashing issues with a couple versions of 19. Hoping 20.2 will be stable on my Mac Mini.
If you still have problems, start a new thread and provide a Debug Log that captures the crashing.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-07-13, 23:53)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-07-13, 23:05)phase700b Wrote: I have stayed with 18.7 so long because I had crashing issues with a couple versions of 19. Hoping 20.2 will be stable on my Mac Mini.
If you still have problems, start a new thread and provide a Debug Log that captures the crashing.

Thanks Karellen. Installed 20.2 today. Seems good so far. I'll change the scraper before I add anything new. Maybe TMDB Python or the Universal scraper.
(2023-07-15, 02:07)phase700b Wrote: Maybe TMDB Python or the Universal scraper.
As I stated, Universal is having problems, so there is no use switching to it. Save yourself the hassle.
Use the default scraper The Movie Database Python
My Signature
(2023-07-15, 02:26)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-07-15, 02:07)phase700b Wrote: Maybe TMDB Python or the Universal scraper.
As I stated, Universal is having problems, so there is no use switching to it. Save yourself the hassle.
Use the default scraper The Movie Database Python
Will do, thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switching to Universal movie scraper question0