Android Multi-Path Source
On the Sony TV, while scanning the library, a screen keeps popping up very briefly that says "Opening Multi-Path Source", and reference one directory called ~/Zorro.  What does this mean, and why does it only reference this once directory?  Other than being alphabetically the last subdirectory in the ~/Movies directory, there is nothing special about this path.
(2023-08-03, 00:23)lesrhorer Wrote: On the Sony TV, while scanning the library, a screen keeps popping up very briefly that says "Opening Multi-Path Source", and reference one directory called ~/Zorro.  What does this mean, and why does it only reference this once directory?  Other than being alphabetically the last subdirectory in the ~/Movies directory, there is nothing special about this path.
Are you using path substitutions?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I am not familiar with the term.  What do you mean by, "Path substitutions"?
If you don't know what Path Substitutions are, then it is highly likely you are not using them.

Maybe you have added multiple paths to one of your Sources. Check image...
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Well, yes, I have two network shares that have movies in them, and so both are specified in the Movies source, but there are dozens of subdirectories in each share.  The particular share holding the ~Zorro subdirectory has 95 other directories with over 2,000 files, and the ~Zorro directory only has 26 regular files in it.  There are no subdirectories in it, no symbolic links, etc.
(2023-08-04, 01:55)lesrhorer Wrote: Well, yes, I have two network shares that have movies in them, and so both are specified in the Movies source
So you have added both movie folders to the one Source. Normally you would add a separate Source for each movie source folder.
I don't really know the difference between using a single multi-path source or separate sources.
If you provide a Debug Log that captures the error, we might see what the problem is.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
OK, when I get a chance, I will see about uploading a log.  I am on the fence about using separate folders.  Obviously, the system supports multiple targets for one folder type, so why shouldn't I make use of the capability?  It doesn't seem to cause and very significant problems, AFAIK, and if that is the case I certainly can live with it.  OTOH, the two different sources do have different attributes.  One holds 27 different subdirectories labeled alphabetically with the contents sorted by the alpha of the first significant letter of the title.  The other contains movie franchises with a separate directory for each movie franchise.  There are pros and cons for each approach.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-Path Source0