Maybe it's time to close the "Feature discussions (read only)" forum?
I mean... seeing it there with its last message dating back to 2018 is quite sad.

I fully understand that devs time is limited, so this is not a criticism. But I think it conveys a worse message than it, simply, not being there. Maybe archive it somewhere not on homepage, I don't know.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
That sub-forum is meant for Developers.
Those discussions happen between Team Developers in our Slack channels,
Unfortunately no non-Team-Member developers seem to be making suggestions or discussing Features which is why no posts have been made since 2018.
Maybe we leave it open hoping some time in the future, we get a fresh influx of developers wanting to contribute? We are really understaffed with developers (and moderators).

Don't confuse this with the Feature Request forum for general members?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-08-17, 00:38)ashlar Wrote: I mean... seeing it there with its last message dating back to 2018 is quite sad.

I fully understand that devs time is limited, so this is not a criticism. But I think it conveys a worse message than it, simply, not being there. Maybe archive it somewhere not on homepage, I don't know.

actually if you look at the dates there, that section has been dormant since 2015 https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=183
1 thread 2018, 2 in 2016
(2023-08-17, 00:46)Karellen Wrote: That sub-forum is meant for Developers.
Those discussions happen between Team Developers in our Slack channels,
Unfortunately no non-Team-Member developers seem to be making suggestions or discussing Features which is why no posts have been made since 2018.
Maybe we leave it open hoping some time in the future, we get a fresh influx of developers wanting to contribute? We are really understaffed with developers (and moderators).

Don't confuse this with the Feature Request forum for general members?
Hi Karellen, thanks for answering.

I'm not confusing the two forums (which is why I stressed how devs time is limited). It's just that the description (With the goal of increasing transparency, Team Kodi invites users to view this section, but posting is reserved strictly for team members.) is currently misleading.

The grand majority of discussion concerning new features happens on github (where it's absolutely accessible to everyone), but somebody that does not know this might be led to believe that the goal of transparency has been badly missed in the past few years. And I do not think that is the case.

In any case, it was just an observation of mine. I wrote because I think that that section, as it currently stand, does not do justice to devs' work.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maybe it's time to close the "Feature discussions (read only)" forum?0