Hiding total video time, hiding progress bar, hiding spoilers
skin.estuary" version="3.0.10

---

Hello,

as a sports fan, knowing the duration of a game (say NBA; NFL) is a major spoiler as based on that duration you immediately start to think it went to overtime or not (a short game = didn't go to OT)... so imagine you watch the game, if it's very close at the end and you already know it didn't went to OT... your experience was kind of ruined. To give an example, someone made a similar request in 2017.

For ages I've been trying to edit the different xlm files and trying to figure out how I can remove the duration of the videos. Additionally, also removing the progress bar entirely --- you simply do not want to know how close you are to the end of a game (remember, some games go to OT).

So far, I've settled on hiding everything by editing some parts on DialogSeekBar.xml; Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay, which is far from ideal as I actually would like to know the elapsed time when I jump ahead 10, 30 secs, etc. I would like to know the elapsed time and would like to see -10,-30 when I seek... without of course seeing the total duration of the video.

An image to exemplify what I am trying to achieve.

1. Hide duration of a video. You don't want the video durations anywhere.
2. Remove Progress bar. You do not want to see if you're very close or very far from the end of the video. Alternatively, keep progress bar, but remove different colours that suggest where you are on the video.
3. When you seek: you want to see if you're seeking 10, 30, 1 min, 3 min. You also want to see the elapsed time.

My ideal idea would be to move just two have two variables visible (on the top left) of the screen when i seek:
- Elapsed time
- Seeking amounts (so you know you're moving back or forward, 10, 30 etc)

I've tried to search everywhere and like I said, I've only been able to remove the bars and duration/elapsed time entirely. 

Surely it is possible for the user to remove the duration and keep the elapsed (elapsed time / duration) time as well as removing the progress bar?

Fingers crossed someone more familiar with the skin and different variables can help me understand where the variables are and what changes can be done in order to accomplish what I described.

Thanks in advance for reading.
Edit this Variable to remove the duration infolabels https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...#L308-L314
Also do you want it to be like this all the time for every video type? as it would be possible to make it configurable by either video type or with a new setting on the OSD.
(2023-09-09, 13:06)jjd-uk Wrote: Edit this Variable to remove the duration infolabels https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...#L308-L314

Thanks for the reply jjd-uk. Played around with that area before and always ended up removing both elapsed and duration.

Removing all duration labels has left only elapsed time showing, which is perfect for me. Thanks a lot.

Do you have any immediate ideas about hiding or playing around with the progress bar so that it doesn't "spoil" the length of a video/how close you are from the end?

I'm sure there must be a few labels that can be tweaked... or maybe alternatively even just having that progress bar "the same colour", let's make it all grey or all blue all the time.

To clariy: Keep the text and numbers from Seeking. Just remove the bar.

For "cosmetic" purposes, as you see there, the seeking is on the left and elapsed on the middle. I'll be trying to move elapsed to the left and have it above that seek -0.10. I'll dig around for where we can adjust the positions.

As for "Also do you want it to be like this all the time for every video type? as it would be possible to make it configurable by either video type or with a new setting on the OSD."

That sounds cool and if you had an example from somewhere, I could try it. But for me, I'm probably okay with being "spoiler free" regardless of videos. My usage is quite basic: I like to be spoiler free when watching videos on demand from sports events (obvious reasons). It doesn't bother me if I watch a movie and can't see the total time and stuff.

Thanks again for the reply.
I somehow read it that you'd done progress bar.

On a mobile so can't be 100% sure I've selected the right lines to not break it.

All things related to Progress Bar:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...l#L60-L165

You probably want to get rid of finish time too at:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...#L247-L261

Just make sure a beginning statement is matched by a closing e.g. each <control type> must have a closing </control>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hiding total video time, hiding progress bar, hiding spoilers0