How do I use Tvheadend + channels.conf together (so I use it with KODI) ??
I have already scanned and looked online for a solution. Could not find one so I thought would try here.
Okay, I use Arch Linux (if that makes any difference.)
So, I have a file called channels.conf that was generated by dvb5-scan that I woud like to use with tvheadend.

How do I do this?
Many thanks, Dave.
There’s been a number of requests to implement this feature in TVH over the years but it was never implemented which no doubt you will have seen in your searches. Have you a particular reason for wanting this. There may be a workaround depending on what you want to achieve here.
(2023-09-12, 12:23)petediscrete Wrote: Have you a particular reason for wanting this. There may be a workaround depending on what you want to achieve here.
Yes there is, the channels.conf file contains SD and HD channels (as well as many other radio channels). TVH does not pickup the 'many other' radio or HD channels. That is my reason for wanting to use the channels.conf file in TVH and then KODI. Thanks. Dave.
Not sure what you are trying to scan (DVBS or DVBT) or what region you are based in or what tuner you are using. My target is Astra 28.2 and TVH has no issue picking up any active muxes and the channels or services they contain.
I don't use TVHeadend but the dtv-scan-table does vary by Linux version so perhaps yours is out of date.   I think you should be able put your conf file in wherever TVHeadend scans and choose it instead of the ones from git.

Martin.
Add one mux manually, Tvheadend will then pick up all other muxes
(2023-09-17, 09:24)Jönke Wrote: Add one mux manually, Tvheadend will then pick up all other muxes

That works in some territories - but not in others - as not all operators cooperate on sharing each others frequencies etc. 

However manually adding DVB-T/T2/C muxes, or DVB-S/S2 transponders is pretty straightforward in TV Headend if you do need to manually add additional Mux/TP frequencies etc. because of this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I use Tvheadend + channels.conf together (so I use it with KODI) ??0