Android Cast to Kodi Nexus server on my Android 5 phone from BubbleUPNP: Is this possible?
Hello

I have installed Kodi Nexus (from the Play Store) on my LG Android 5 phone, with a view to using the semi-retired phone as a media player/server device.  The Kore client on my current (Android 6) phone is able to remotecontrol this Kodi server instance. So, that's a win. However, it would be even winnier if the Android 5 Nexus server could show up on the current phone's BubbleUPNP client as a "Renderer", so I could cast music from my current phone to the semi-retired phone. I am unable to persuade the planets to align so that this happens. Is it even possible? Has anyone in the history of History ever achieved this? I seem to have maximum permissivity in the Kodi server settings, but I don't know if there is something else I could be doing?

These unanswered questions seem to suggest that this is actually not possible:
Android - Why can't I cast to Kodi 20.1 on a FireTV?
Android Kodi as a Jukebox/Audio Receiver on Android

I also have a LibreELEC/Kodi Nexus Raspberry Pi 3B+, which shows up on the BubbleUPNP client on my current phone as a "Renderer", and I am able to cast both audio and video to this. (So many wins!) So I am being greedy. But it would be very nice to use the old LG's quite accomplished audio output for this. Can someone help me (and perhaps the other questioners?)
It can be quite difficult to interpret a total lack of response. Can someone help me to understand?

Is the question so unfathomably stupid that even addressing it can spread the contagion, or so unbearably clever that even the Wise cower in fear?

My current interpretation is that this is a limitation/bug/feature of Android, and there is nothing that anyone else can do about it. Or maybe it's trivially easy but I have not flipped the correct switch(es). But perhaps it's just that no Kodi developer has any interest in such a feature? It might help save a few old android devices from landfill.

Anyway, I am glad it's available on x86 Linux and LibreELEC Pi.
(2023-10-05, 11:22)entropyagent Wrote: It can be quite difficult to interpret a total lack of response.

i cant speak for everyone but for myself i can't even remember if android 5 which has been unsupported since July 2016 would even be capable of anything much less what you are doing

you lost me where you mentioned kodi and phone these things are alien to one another as far as i am concerned

i also don't use UPnP much less your chosen BubbleUPnP and perhaps nobody else uses the latter

(2023-10-05, 11:22)entropyagent Wrote: Can someone help me to understand?

you tell me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cast to Kodi Nexus server on my Android 5 phone from BubbleUPNP: Is this possible?0