Android black screen
Hi, I use Kodi on Box TV. Recently I noticed a problem, the application does not start. The only thing that helps is restarting the TV box, but when I want to turn it on a second time, it doesn't work anymore. I have 2 GB of internal memory, so it's probably not a problem. I've never had this happen before but I noticed in the application memory that when it reaches 700 MB, this happens. I have the Aeon nox skin on Kodi. I checked several versions of Kodi, always the same, if the application memory exceeds 700 MB, I have to restart the box to turn on Kodi. My box memory is 2GB, so I don't know how to fix it because I don't want to restart the box all the time.
switch back to the default skin Estuary and limit how many extra addons you install - Kodi is not resource friendly and those skins are not designed with resource limitations in mind

this is based on my own experience with android - while i might like a more robust candy coated skin with bells and whistles it is simply not a good experience
2GB isn't much, especially when running a resource heavy skin.
Hello, I think it's about the RAM memory. For testing, I used an old Xiaomi box, in the developer settings I turned on the option to abandon each task and on the Xiaomi box Kodi works normally on the same skin and 0.95 GB is used in the application memory. Do you think the problem is the RAM memory?
(2023-10-04, 03:49)Jwc84 Wrote: Do you think the problem is the RAM memory?
(2023-10-01, 20:21)Hitcher Wrote: 2GB isn't much, especially when running a resource heavy skin.
(2023-10-04, 03:49)Jwc84 Wrote: Do you think the problem is the RAM memory?

uh, yes - that is what both responses you got are suggesting

if my kodi on my android uses 0.95GB memory it's about 2 seconds away from crashing

with kodi on mine using 387M the 'free -m' output shows
                       total        used        free
Mem:             1978        1782         195

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
black screen0