Audio passthrough difference between Google TV HD and Google TV 4K
I always used my old RPI 3 in my living room as a Kodi box. In my study I had a Google TV 4K (GTV4K) which I used on a Full HD LED TV (with a receiver, just using TV speakers).
When I bough a new LG 4K OLED TV in the living room I connected the Google TV 4K this set. The GTV4K is inserted in my receiver Yamaha 1400H and the receiver is connected through HDMI to the LG TV.

Since I use the GTV4K I all the time have audio sync issues when I use passthrough in Kodi (resulting in syncing the audio with each stream I play. I can't solve the issues so far with the threads I read on the forum.

But what really made me write this thread is this. I recently bought a Google TV HD (GTVHD) for my porch TV. This weekend I attached this GTVHD to my living room set exactly in the same way I have connected my GTV4K. All the setting are absolutely identical and also the same android v12 and kodi 20.2 (same build). Interesting is that I have no audio sync issues at all. This is all using the exact identical streams.

The main difference is that in my yamaha 1400H display it says. Again with exactly the same issues:
- GTV4K: DD+ Mplay (audio issues)
- GTVHD: Multi in Mplay (no audio issues)

I can only reproduce this in the GTVHD when (in Kodi) I set the speakers to 2.0 and enable AC3 processing under passtrough (this setting is not visible when I choose 5.1 speaker config). The also in the GTVHD I see in the Yamaha display DD+ Mplay and then audio is again out of sync.

Someone know if this is a known bug or that I am missing something?
Post a Debug Log and mention which "Passthrough" device you use, please. Recentls some AMLOGIC BSP Update got broken, killing the sink under the hood ... which needed a firmware workaround - let's find out which chipset your google tv is.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2023-10-02, 10:25)fritsch Wrote: Post a Debug Log and mention which "Passthrough" device you use, please. Recentls some AMLOGIC BSP Update got broken, killing the sink under the hood ... which needed a firmware workaround - let's find out which chipset your google tv is.

I can do that after work, but this will take a while Sleepy

What I can find on Internet is:
- Google TV HD is Amlogic S805X2
- Google TV 4K is Amlogic S905X2
If the BSP issue affects you, it is IEC only, RAW PT is not affected. V21 nightlies mitigate this.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio passthrough difference between Google TV HD and Google TV 4K0