Kodi, Android and Dolby Atmos
Checked the file myself and both tracks 1 and 3 are outputting Atmos on my setup.
I'll try stream 3 tomorrow.
i assume we're testing this file - https://www.demolandia.net/downloads.html?id=438882

which is what i tested, and it outputs atmos as intended

your log and my log match up as to which devices its using, IEC, stream trype TRUEHD

from your log kodi appears to be doing everything my kodi is doing, i think the issue is external to kodi
I have the same problem on two different devices (Philips TV and Vontar R3) as well as routing everything through a 7.1 channel HDMI audio extractor.

The technical support at Majority were adamant that the soundbar was working okay an it did output Dolby Surround for media with appropriate audio tracks.

My head is starting to hurt with all the banging it against the wall - my last throw of the money dice is a Mecool KM6 Deluxe which is Atmos certified - the others just kind of say that they are Atmos compatible. If that doesn't work, I'll give up.

[edit] By the way, yes, that is the file but it is just one of several files on that site which are Atmos and I have downloaded a few other demo clips which have given the same results.
Well, this is bizarre.

I opened the Atmos test file and it began playing where it left off - the sound bar just displaying HD1, as it does for HDMI input 1. I switched to stream 3 from which I wasn't sure what to expect given that it says 0 channels and after the screen went black for a moment, the video began playing again and the sound bar display scrolled 'Dolby Atmos' - the first time I have ever seen the word 'Atmos' displayed. The bizarre part is that when I went back to stream 1, the screen blacked out again momentarily and when the video began playing again, it still said 'Dolby Atmos'. I'm not sure what to deduce from this other than Dolby Atmos is possible with the device combination I have.
initial atmos detection by X somewhere in the setup

since your kodi version is still using FFmpeg version/source: 4.4.1

and the alpha versions are using FFmpeg version/source: 6.0-Kodi

i think you will see a benefit from testing an alpha version - potentially keeping it as i do
I will install it on my Vontar R3 when the Mecool KM6 arrives so that I still have a device with the old stable version.
(2023-10-14, 18:25)DjangoL Wrote: I will install it on my Vontar R3 when the Mecool KM6 arrives so that I still have a device with the old stable version.

or, install it on the mecool since it will already be a blank slate - then you wont lose any configuration since there wont be any to lose
I considered that but they are going to be connected to two different televisions and I'd rather the one with the Vontar R3 got messed up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi, Android and Dolby Atmos0