Req EPG based on TVG-ID?
I just started messing around with IPTV and I've figured out how to edit m3u files manually to get things exactly how I want them.

The problem is that I can't seem to find an EPG through all of the ads and spam and bots. I'm looking for a service (free or paid) that is standardized around TVG-ID. I don't want to have to run my own scraping server. I just want to configure which channels I want on a website and have it give me a .xml URL. I am currently using IPTV Simple Client, but I did not post in that forum because I'm willing to use another client if I have to.

Any recommendations?
The issue is the values tvg-id is not standard, it is provider specific.  Most mapping will already be by tvg-id and tvg-name.

Many services that provide paid XMLTV EPG intended for IPTV are themselves pirate services.

Martin
I know this might sound like crazy talk, but why haven't the most prominent members of the underground come together some sort of standard like the Warez scene did? The clusterf**k that surrounds EPGs right now is a testament to this.
(2023-10-15, 02:41)emveepee Wrote: The issue is the values tvg-id is not standard, it is provider specific.  Most mapping will already be by tvg-id and tvg-name.

Many services that provide paid XMLTV EPG intended for IPTV are themselves pirate services.

Martin

that doesn't sound accurate, are you sure?
The tvg-id is standard IPTV m3u naming but how they are used is not.   iptv.org does try and standardize ids for their open URL's but since many of the sites are scrapped anyway data received is typically in violation of terms of service. 

I know for certain that Schedules Direct, a legitimate EPG provider for free software, has had many problems with significant misuse of their service API and have had too tighten IP access a lot.  Unfortunately they do consider this a Kodi problem and not the third party source EPG providers.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG based on TVG-ID?0