Slow Music Library Scan on Nexus
I am just trying to find out if in Kodi Nexus on LE the Music Library 1st scan is slower than previous versions. I ask because I started scanning my music library which is on an SMB share, but it seems extremely slow compared to Leia. For example, I started scanning at 4:45pm, and at 5:00pm it has only added 7 artists with 2 albums on average in each folder. I know I have to provide logs. Don't scold me @Karellen Big Grin, but I was just curious if anyone experienced this as well. I do know it scanned very fast on Matrix which I believe uses the same DB format.

Anyway, my library has 2147 Artists, 5801 Albums, and 77249 Songs which doesn't seem like much to me. I will post the log file soon. I do see an error regarding usename and password in my log file, but it can obviously scan the music, so that's strange.

Regards,

Shedrock
No logs so can only guess. Are you scraping additional artist and album information from the internet during the library scan (the default is to do so), it is likely to be the cause of slowness.
(2023-10-22, 11:49)DaveBlake Wrote: No logs so can only guess. Are you scraping additional artist and album information from the internet during the library scan (the default is to do so), it is likely to be the cause of slowness.
Yes I am, but when I had that option off the first time I scanned the library, it didn't really make a difference in speed. I think overnight it may have scanned everything into the library. I left it at 14%, but this morning I noticed it is back at 0% and scanning the band 'Til Tuesday. I'll keep watching it and see what happens. And yes, I will provide a log. I just didn't want to stop the scan and re-start it from scratch.

Regards,

Shedrock

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow Music Library Scan on Nexus0