Help in sorting movies by inclusion date
Don't forget, an older version of kodi will use an older video db, which will still exist.  One could perhaps look in that db to get the original dateadded (as the older one appears to be fine).
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2023-10-23, 22:48)black_eagle Wrote: Don't forget, an older version of kodi will use an older video db, which will still exist.  One could perhaps look in that db to get the original dateadded (as the older one appears to be fine).

How do I do that? please if you can help me, uninstall and install kodi from scratch
(2023-10-23, 23:23)lobofer88 Wrote: How do I do that? please if you can help me, uninstall and install kodi from scratch

OK, assuming you have a standard install on Kodi, and that at some point you upgraded the kodi version maybe we can fix things.  if you open windows explorer and copy/paste this into the address bar %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata\Database . Press enter and you should see some files.  Hopefully there are at least two that start with MyVideos followed by a number.  Please let me know if this is the case.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2023-10-24, 08:01)black_eagle Wrote:
(2023-10-23, 23:23)lobofer88 Wrote: How do I do that? please if you can help me, uninstall and install kodi from scratch

OK, assuming you have a standard install on Kodi, and that at some point you upgraded the kodi version maybe we can fix things.  if you open windows explorer and copy/paste this into the address bar %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata\Database . Press enter and you should see some files.  Hopefully there are at least two that start with MyVideos followed by a number.  Please let me know if this is the case.

On Windows 11 don't upgrade to kodi 20, I'm still on kodu 19.4, precisely because of that problem of the new kodi that it orders differently.

Now I would like to use the latest version of kodi on nvidia shield but with the order mode of kodi 19.4 ,those files that you told me if it appears in Windows ,I leave you photo below

https://ibb.co/0hvD4jF
(2023-10-24, 08:01)black_eagle Wrote:

Good afternoon, sorry to bother you, but if I have that file could you tell me what to do now?
(2023-10-27, 19:50)lobofer88 Wrote: but if I have that file could you tell me what to do now?
Sure.
You need this program installed... https://sqlitebrowser.org/
Your log shows you using v20.2 which uses the database named MyVideos121.db
Your screenshot shows database MyVideos119.db which is from v19 and is old and no longer used.
You will need to copy the data from MyVideos119.db into MyVideos121.db
Create a backup of MyVideos121.db in case things go wrong.

Open both databases
Find the dateadded column as shown in my screenshot in a previous post in both databases.
Click on the column heading strFilename in both databases which will sort the column alphabetically
Check that both databases have the same number of files and in the same order.
Just like using an Excel spreadsheet, highlight the fields in the dataAdded column in the MyVideos119.db database then ctrl-c to copy. Paste this into the MyVideos121.db database.
You might get a warning about fields not being the same, just accept it.
Check that the correct dates match the correct films.
ctrl-s to save changes.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help in sorting movies by inclusion date0