Solved Artwork Beef, Keep high resolution artwork
Hi!

So I noticed that all my artwork was in very low resolution, especially on movie posters......so I started to manually change every poster to a 2000x3000. And after doing so It looked great! But quitting Kodi and starting it back up again, its back to low resolution images. How can I keep the higher resolution?
(2023-10-28, 00:12)cubalibre77 Wrote: So I noticed that all my artwork was in very low resolution, especially on movie posters......so I started to manually change every poster to a 2000x3000. And after doing so It looked great! But quitting Kodi and starting it back up again, its back to low resolution images. How can I keep the higher resolution?
How did you manually change every poster? Do you have local artwork and you just swapped images or did you use the Choose Art option in Kodi?
When you first added the movies to the Kodi library did you have the local artwork already in place or did the scraper provide the artwork?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I believe that when I first ad a video, the Generic Scraper ads some artwork, but its never complete.....the discart is always missing, and some other part. So I always press C on the keyboard, and then and then use Artwork Beef add missing artwork. Then to get the higher resolution pictures I press C and then Choose Artwork. And after that it looks great. But it always goes back to the lower resolution image after a restart.
I might add that when i once again press C, and "Select Artwork", I can see that the poster with 2000x3000 in fact is chosen, but its still "blurry"......and if I then choose another 2000x3000 poster, it looks good again, until next time I restart Kodi.

Its like Kodi is forcing a lower resolution image no matter what I choose...
I now tried the addon Artwork Downloader, and its the same.....If I search for posters using the Artwork Downloader, and choose a 2000x3000 picture, it looks fine. But when I restart Kodi its back to being blurry again.

Please, anyone?
This is so weird......

Lets say when I run Artwork Beef, there is only 3 posters at 2000x3000 to choose from. I choose number 1 and it looks fine. Then I restart and its blurry.....then i go in again and choose number 2, and its back to looking good untill i restart Kodi....and the number 3. Now when I go in and choose any of them....1,2 or 3, they all look blurry. Its like they have been downloaded to the hardrive and then been compressed, and when I choose a poster I have already tried before, the program is loading that compressed file? Im just guessing.....I have no idea whats going on....

When you first scan a movie to your library, is it Kodi itself that does the scraping then? Because that is always a low resolution picture, and it never manage to scrape the discart and logos......just poster and fanart I believe....
@cubalibre77

Put the following into your advancedsettings.xml file and restart Kodi...
xml:
<advancedsettings version="1.0">
<imageres>9999</imageres>
<fanartres>9999</fanartres>
</advancedsettings>
https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....ry_artwork

Pick one of your movies and delete it from your library. Change the name of the movie folder or filename, just so Kodi thinks it is a new movie, not one that has already been in your library.
Scrape and check the artwork. Does it look better?

A better option would be to save your artwork locally before scraping back into the library. Name the artwork as shown in the image in this link... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I found this when I was searching for this problem, and I thought that I hade added this I tried it without any success. But now when I tried it "again" it did work!

Thank you!
You are welcome.
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef, Keep high resolution artwork0