X-Fi Remote in XBMC looping / repeating
Hi all,

I have a problem with my X-Fi remote and XBMC which is rather odd as I think I have tracked it down to XBMC.

Basically, I have installed Mellowares Intelliremote so I don't need the bloatware Creative packaged up. That works a treat, a simple test of loading notepad and using the directional keys on the remote to move round a few lines of text. Each remote button press moves the cursor one place....no bouncing or repeat moves.

When I load up XBMC if I press the down button on the remote, XBMC goes balllistic and infinitly repeats down. (or up, enter etc....doesn't matter what button you press)

The reason I think its XBMC is because if I take the batteries out the remote or cover up the IR transmitter XBMC is still scrolling through the menu items faster than windows key repeat.

Any help would be appreciated as I still have an xbox in my lounge and bedroom with XBMC on them....I swear by it, better than any media centre software you pay for so using this on Windows would be the icing on the cake Smile
Hi There

I'm getting the same behaviour with a combination of iphone & intelliremote. Like you, the iphone works when outside XBMC in a normal way. In XBMC, a down press just keeps endlessly repeating. Same for up etc etc. I can regain control by using the computer's keyboard, a single press of it restores order again.

Did you ever get your problem sorted? Anyone got any ideas?

Clarke
I had the same issue with an X-10 Lola remote. Finally gave up on it and have not tried it since...
ClarkeR Wrote:Hi There

I'm getting the same behaviour with a combination of iphone & intelliremote. Like you, the iphone works when outside XBMC in a normal way. In XBMC, a down press just keeps endlessly repeating. Same for up etc etc. I can regain control by using the computer's keyboard, a single press of it restores order again.

Did you ever get your problem sorted? Anyone got any ideas?

Clarke

No joy as of yet!
I installed Atlantis 2 and the problem is still there. I'm still stumped but from what you said about IR working outside of XBMC, it deffo points to it being a XBMC bug.
I too can get control back by pressing any key.

Anyone else seing this or have any ideas to stop itHuh
there is a solution to this problem detailed in the intelliremote forums here. it involves changing the arrow key events to scripted events.

also look here for additional script commands.

i am using an older creative audigy sound card system that came with a RM-1500 remote and have changed all the keypress events in my xbmc profile to scripted events. no more issues with repeating keypresses. only thing is that maybe its just me but i seem to notice a very very small delay between the moment i press the button on my remote and when xbmc actually responds when using these scripts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
X-Fi Remote in XBMC looping / repeating0