Xbox Series X VPN Addon issue
Hi all, 

does at the Series X Kodi App the VPN works for you or is there a general issue with this?
I have tried to install my Cyberghost VPN profile with the vpn manager for Open VPN. I have uploaded the files, entered login and pw, etc. Everything works.

When trying to connect, it fails immediately and an error occurs. 

What I habe recognized is, when trying to not set up the settings manually but using the Wizard, an popup comes up what says Open VPN is not installed. But it is not possible to install open vpn on the Xbox Series X.

I am not quite sure what the reason for the problem or if I have to buy a Amazon TV Stick instead as this is a general problem on the Xbox. 

Thanks all and hopefully someone can help.
VPNs are not permitted on this forum per Forum Rules which you should have already read upon signing up

https://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules

https://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules#VPN_Policy

wizards are not a topic either, kodi does not require it and it only serves 3rd party people in which case you should seek their help instead
Make sure your Xbox Series X has the latest system updates installed. Sometimes, updates can resolve compatibility issues with apps. Check online forums or communities related to Kodi and Xbox Series X. Other users may have encountered similar issues and might have solutions or workarounds. Xbox consoles may have limitations when it comes to running VPNs, and not all VPN providers may offer support for gaming consoles. Check with your VPN provider for specific guidance on using their service with Xbox. If the issue persists, you might consider using an alternative streaming device, like an Amazon Fire TV Stick, where installing a VPN might be more straightforward.
"The wizard". What wizard is this, @derchris2000? Kodi doesn't come with any wizards, so I'm just intrigued...
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
As of my last update, the Xbox Series X doesn't officially support setting up a VPN like regular computers. Some users have tried setting up a VPN through routers or other methods, but it's not exactly a straightforward process. If Kodi on Xbox Series X is having trouble recognizing or using OpenVPN, it may be a limitation of the Xbox platform. Changing your IP can also help,. In some cases, platforms like game consoles may have restrictions on installing certain types of applications or services.

[mod edit - PatK] Spam URL removed, do NOT do this again. Official:Forum rules (wiki)
where is my post?
(2023-12-11, 12:02)benisfroms Wrote: where is my post?
It's awaiting moderation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox Series X VPN Addon issue0