Android Unable to do anything on "Customize Home Menu Settings"
Hi
I run Kodi on several devices - Windows, Chromecast with Google TV (CCGTV), Jetstream 4k and Onn Google TV (OGTV).
Whe on Windows and using the AppTV skin, I am able to customize the Home Menu. 

When on an OGTV or CCGTV using the AppTV skin and I navigate to "Customize Home Menu Settings", I cannot navigate within the settings screen.  The only thing I can do is back out using the back button. The interface is receiving the right, left, up, down and enter commands as there is a click sound for the directions and a swoosh sound for the enter button, but nothing happens on screen.

Thanks
Greg
(2023-12-15, 02:43)gfedor Wrote: Hi
I run Kodi on several devices - Windows, Chromecast with Google TV (CCGTV), Jetstream 4k and Onn Google TV (OGTV).
Whe on Windows and using the AppTV skin, I am able to customize the Home Menu. 

When on an OGTV or CCGTV using the AppTV skin and I navigate to "Customize Home Menu Settings", I cannot navigate within the settings screen.  The only thing I can do is back out using the back button. The interface is receiving the right, left, up, down and enter commands as there is a click sound for the directions and a swoosh sound for the enter button, but nothing happens on screen.

Thanks
Greg

@gfedor,

need a few more details there tiger, what version of skin, Kodi etc. Posting a FULL debug log of you trying to customise the Home Screen would probably be the best bet as it will provide all of those details along with debug info of what is happening.

Please upload the debug log to the Kodi pastebin site and then post a link to the file here.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
yeah, kinda thought I was a little short on detail after I posted. Apologies.
Hopefully I have followed correctly the instructions of your post "Correct way to ask for AppTV (was xTV-SAF) help."

Log generated from a Onn Google TV running Android TV 12.0.0 API level 31  and GPU Mali-G31

Kodi version 20.2.0

Skin Version: AppTV 1.7.5

Actions I performed after turning on logging and restarting Kodi:
1. clicked Settings
2. clicked Skin Settings
3. clicked Home Menu
4. clicked direction pad in several directions.  Clicks heard through audio, but no corresponding action on the screen
5. clicked "select" button.  Swoosh audio sound heard, but now corresponding action on the screen
6. clicked "back" button
7. navigated to "Upload Debug Log File" and uploaded debug file

Debug file: https://paste.kodi.tv/zixurihifu

Let me know if you need more.  I can also do the same on an Chromecast with Google TV and submit the log if you want.

Thanks
Greg
This is because of the banned addons.
I should also add that defined my Kodi setup on a Windows box and then cloned it out via Adblink.  I know from some reading on the Adblink site that the new version of Android required Adblink to include a workaround on restoring a backup to a Kodi install.  The skin works as expected on the Windows install.
Thanks
Greg
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Sorry about that.

New log on a different device.  Same problem.

Log generated from a Chromecast with Google TV running Android TV 12.0.0 (STTE.230915.005.S1.10942527)  and GPU Mali-G31

Kodi version 20.2.0

Skin Version: AppTV 1.7.5

Actions I performed after turning on logging and restarting Kodi:
1. clicked Settings
2. clicked Skin Settings
3. clicked Home Menu
4. clicked direction pad in several directions.  Clicks heard through audio, but no corresponding action on the screen
5. clicked "select" button.  Swoosh audio sound heard, but now corresponding action on the screen
6. clicked "back" button
7. navigated to "Upload Debug Log File" and uploaded debug file

Debug file: https://paste.kodi.tv/wopuniwoho

Thanks
Greg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to do anything on "Customize Home Menu Settings"0