Problem reading Bluray external disk...miniPC Zotac INO !!!
Hello everyone ....

I have a mini HTPC on Zotac ION ITX - ATOM N330 ...dedicated exclusively with LibreELEC 10.0 - Kodi 19.5. A few days ago I added the "Asus SBW-06D2X-U" external reader, the CDs and DVDs are fine, everything is ok, while when I insert a bluray disc, it says "the disc appears to be encrypted" even if it is region free!??! I also tried other bluray, nothing to do..!! Do any of you have the same problem as me? do you know a solution?

Thank you Merry Christmas....
Thread moved to Linux support
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2023-12-24, 20:55)mprivitera1 Wrote: even if it is region free!??!

region and encryption are 2 different things, region free does not indicate unencrypted
you need a how to on "how to play encrypted discs with kodi" which i have never had success with, better option is to use makemkv to copy the disc first which most people do
thanks for your intervention, ....I really wanted to avoid copying with makemkv to disk, but I preferred directly from the bluray player....I see that this is a problem with Kodi....unfortunately!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem reading Bluray external disk...miniPC Zotac INO !!!0