Bug Kodi Limitations for large TV Schows?
(2024-01-20, 20:56)Reelyator Wrote: After removing the "Episodeguide" Line,
Line 12,864 the episode guide is still there.
Either that or you didn't delete the show from the library after you deleted the episode guide from the nfo file, so Kodi is still using it.
Or you have orphaned entries in the db. Which is why I ask to rename the folder so Kodi thinks it is a new tv show and doesn't keep linking to the orphaned entries in the DB. eg Attack on Titan (2013) rename to Attack on Titan

I know, its annoying. It is a long standing bug in Kodi that no-one has the inclination to fix, and a MySQL setup forces the problem for some unknown reason. But if you use nfo files, don't add the episodeguide to the tvshow.nfo. Make sure you adjust the settings in TMM.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-01-20, 21:17)Karellen Wrote: Line 12,864 the episode guide is still there.
Either that or you didn't delete the show from the library after you deleted the episode guide from the nfo file, so Kodi is still using it.

Thank you Karellen for your patience!

This is strange because i just confirmed that the line was in fact removed from the nfo (line 33 of tvshow.nfo, see picture attached).

I must admit that i ovelooked you asked me to delete the show from the library......did you;-)? I will check if this helps, than rename the TV Show folder and import again.

Meanwhile i found the setting for the episodeguide-line in tmm:
ImageImage
Would you suggest tom deactivate this completely? looking through
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=370489
i got the impression that by using the NEW format the original issue should have been solved...
Kodi 20.2 (for Windows) on Win11 HTPC
ZDMC 20.2 on Zidoo UHD3000
(2024-01-21, 15:03)Reelyator Wrote: I must admit that i ovelooked you asked me to delete the show from the library......did you;-)?
Yea, probably not, just assumed you knew.

(2024-01-21, 15:03)Reelyator Wrote: Would you suggest tom deactivate this completely? looking through
Yes, deactivate it completely.

(2024-01-21, 15:03)Reelyator Wrote: i got the impression that by using the NEW format the original issue should have been solved...
Nope, the new format fixes different issues. It does not fix the bug to always check the episodeguide when it is available.

(2024-01-21, 15:03)Reelyator Wrote: I will check if this helps, than rename the TV Show folder and import again.
Make sure to have Debug Log running in case it still plays up.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Problem solved!
- Switched of the episodeguide checkboxes in TMM
- wrote TV-Show and Episode nfo´s again
- renamed TV Show folders
- cleaned up Kodi Library (after that the shows were still there but empty)
- deleted the shows in question manually
- restarted Kodi
- updated Video Library -> After that the problematic shows were imported completely. At least i could not see any missing content up to now.

Thank you Karellen!!
Kodi 20.2 (for Windows) on Win11 HTPC
ZDMC 20.2 on Zidoo UHD3000
(2024-01-21, 22:21)Reelyator Wrote: Problem solved!
Fantastic!!

You've brought this issue to the forefront again. I'll speak to the developers and see if I can't get some interest in fixing it.
I should start off with a bug report first.
My Signature
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/24559
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Limitations for large TV Schows?0