Android My Posters
Hello. For each movie, I have posters with the same name as the movie in the movie folder. How do I get Kodi to consider and add these posters when scanning? Normally it downloads automatically from TMB.
Thanks
(2024-01-03, 17:01)baybora Wrote: I have posters with the same name as the movie in the movie folder. How do I get Kodi to consider and add these posters when scanning?
If named correctly, it should be added automatically during scanning.
Check the image on this wiki page... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
All correct and same as main movie name but Kodi does not take them. Kodi still the posters gets from tmdb.
Infuse takes then automatically without any issue..
(2024-01-04, 00:01)baybora Wrote: Kodi still the posters gets from tmdb.
How do you know? Is it because your image is different to what is displayed in Kodi?

Provide a screenshot of your movie folder so I can clearly see the contents of the folder and the file extensions.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
My files are like below...

Toy.Story.1995.Hybrid.2160p.UHD.Remux.HEVC.DoVi.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1-playBD.mkv
Toy.Story.1995.Hybrid.2160p.UHD.Remux.HEVC.DoVi.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1-playBD.jpg

Toy.Story.2.1999.Hybrid.2160p.UHD.Remux.HEVC.DoVi.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1-playBD.mkv
Toy.Story.2.1999.Hybrid.2160p.UHD.Remux.HEVC.DoVi.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1-playBD.jpg

etc...

All movies are in the same folder. "Movies" is the main folder's name
I dont use seperate folder for each one

Thanks
(2024-01-04, 00:22)baybora Wrote: Toy.Story.1995.Hybrid.2160p.UHD.Remux.HEVC.DoVi.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1-playBD.mkv
Toy.Story.1995.Hybrid.2160p.UHD.Remux.HEVC.DoVi.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1-playBD.jpg

(2024-01-03, 20:23)Karellen Wrote: Check the image on this wiki page... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork
Did you check the naming convention on this page? I don't think you did.
Where in your jpg file is the word -poster?
My Signature
I just realized this. I think, I need to write "poster" for each jpeg file one by one...
(2024-01-04, 00:41)baybora Wrote: I need to write "poster" for each jpeg file one by one...
You can do them in a batch with BRU... https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/
Though if you haven't used it before, it might be a bit of a learning curve.

Don't forget the hyphen before the word poster. No spaces either side of the hyphen. -poster
My Signature
Thanks a lot.
It was very easy with bulk rename utility.

1 - Add (7) section

2- Suffix   write,   -poster

3 - Push RENAME

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Posters0