Android Device not playing HDR 10 or HDR 10+
(2024-01-25, 20:51)fritsch Wrote: Yes. Set PCM channels to 2 (!)
Under passthrough enable AC3 and Dolby Transcoding.

That did not work either.    Strange. 

They just pushed a firmware update to solve the HDR 10 and HDR 10+ not working, and that fixed that.  Prior to that update, I WAS getting 5 channel PCM from Kodi to my AVR.  I use "Saving pvt. Ryan" as my surround sound test.  My back speakers produced all of the effects that the movie produced, even thought my AVR showed PCM and not TrueHD or DTS-HD.

Right now, I have my Mecool box connected directly to my Vizio TV's input and use eARC to send the audio to my Yamaha AVR.  I have also tested the box connected directly to the AVR, but that did not matter either.
Return it ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2024-01-25, 21:38)fritsch Wrote: Return it ...

That is a solution, but I would rather them **fix** it.  That is not my primary media player.
I've just ordered this box, mainly to run Kodi. I have Nvidia Shield 2015 which doesn't support Dolby Vision, so I ordered this box. I've got it on a very good price, I paid only $89.9 from Aliexpress.
Which Kodi release is best for this box that will play Dolby Vision and HDR without problems? I don't have an AVR, so I don't care about audio formats.
Thanks.
(2024-01-30, 17:02)kim1406 Wrote: I've just ordered this box, mainly to run Kodi. I have Nvidia Shield 2015 which doesn't support Dolby Vision, so I ordered this box. I've got it on a very good price, I paid only $89.9 from Aliexpress.
Which Kodi release is best for this box that will play Dolby Vision and HDR without problems? I don't have an AVR, so I don't care about audio formats.
Thanks.

You didnt read the topic of this thread?
"Device not playing HDR 10 or HDR 10+"
(2024-01-30, 17:57)MatteN Wrote:
(2024-01-30, 17:02)kim1406 Wrote: I've just ordered this box, mainly to run Kodi. I have Nvidia Shield 2015 which doesn't support Dolby Vision, so I ordered this box. I've got it on a very good price, I paid only $89.9 from Aliexpress.
Thanks.

After a lot of complaints, Mecool pushed a firmware update that "fixed" that issue.  Now, when I play a HDR 10+ movie, my TV stats show HDR 10+, same for HDR10 and Dolby Vision.  
Now this box plays movies via Kodi, without issues.  But, as stated, it does NOT support AFR, nor does it support  Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD.
Mecool told me in an email, that there is a major firmware update coming in June of 2024.  We will wait and see what that update brings.

Also, on a Russian forum, there is a lot of discussion of issues of the Wi-Fi dropping connection.  It appears to only affect a few devices, depending upon their routers.
As far as Netflix, it plays in Dolby Vision WITH Dolby Atmos.
Thanks.
That is a very good price for this device. 
Right now I am running 21.0 Beta 2 compiled Dec. 9, 2023.  Everything works as it should, video wise.  Of course no AFT. or HD audio.

I will probably install the latest development build.  But I always like to tinker.

Edit: just updated to the latest beta and everything still playing as expected.  kodi-20240128-2347e67d-master-armeabi-v7a.apk

Also, to be noted, I usually use "Saving pvt. Ryan" to test my surround sound, and I am amazed that even though it is only Dolby Digital, the surround sound is still awesome.  I can hear the bullets zinging past my ears from my rear speakers (just like being back in Nam again). 

Video quality wise, it is in Dolby Vision and great visual.
Thanks.

I read the whole topic, there is a post about a new update which fixed this problem. I think you didn't read the topic well Smile
(2024-01-30, 18:45)clarkss12 Wrote:
Thanks.
Right now I am running 21.0 Beta 2 compiled Dec. 9, 2023.  Everything works as it should, video wise.  Of course no AFT. or HD audio.

I will probably install the latest development build.  But I always like to tinker.

Edit: just updated to the latest beta and everything still playing as expected.  kodi-20240128-2347e67d-master-armeabi-v7a.apk

Also, to be noted, I usually use "Saving pvt. Ryan" to test my surround sound, and I am amazed that even though it is only Dolby Digital, the surround sound is still awesome.  I can hear the bullets zinging past my ears from my rear speakers (just like being back in Nam again). 

Great to know that, Kodi is working well on the box. Thanks for your detailed reply.
(2024-01-30, 20:15)kim1406 Wrote:
Thanks.

I read the whole topic, there is a post about a new update which fixed this problem. I think you didn't read the topic well Smile
I would never use a device that dont have AFR.
(2024-01-31, 10:45)MatteN Wrote:
(2024-01-30, 20:15)kim1406 Wrote:
(2024-01-30, 17:57)MatteN Wrote: You didnt read the topic of this thread?
I would never use a device that dont have AFR.

What country do you live in?
(2024-01-30, 18:45)clarkss12 Wrote:
Thanks.

By the way, is there any support forum or group for this player? where can we download the new firmware? thanks.
I've been suffering HDR issues also. Where's the motioned firmware update?
(2024-03-08, 18:11)beljim7419 Wrote: I've been suffering HDR issues also. Where's the motioned firmware update?
Hope this works.
https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopi...y127925491

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Device not playing HDR 10 or HDR 10+0