Show artist image when viewing music library by Artist and scrolling the list?
When viewing the music library by Artist, and scrolling the resulting list, I assume there is a way to show a generic image of each artist (or group, or band, etc)?  I currently just see an icon of a head wearing a pair of headphones.  I don't have any sort of set of artist images, I assume that such an artist image database exists the same way album databases exist?  If so, how to I get Kodi to retrieve artist imagery?
I was able to add artist info by using the left mouse button (hold it down for a few seconds) when left-clicking on either an album or artist.  When releasing the button a small menu comes up, I think the selection is add artist info and another is add artist info for all artists (something like that).  So I did that, and it took a few minutes but a bunch of info / pics for a lot of artists / groups was downloaded and integrated into the library.  Funny thing, the text bio for one musician was for a football player, describing his position, teams he played on, etc.  Nothing at all about music.  Strange.
An artist image (folder.jpg) in the artist folder is used by Kodi in the music artist views:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork/Artist
(2024-01-08, 16:41)Sumguy Wrote: I was able to add artist info by using the left mouse button (hold it down for a few seconds) when left-clicking on either an album or artist.  When releasing the button a small menu comes up, I think the selection is add artist info and another is add artist info for all artists (something like that).  So I did that, and it took a few minutes but a bunch of info / pics for a lot of artists / groups was downloaded and integrated into the library.  Funny thing, the text bio for one musician was for a football player, describing his position, teams he played on, etc.  Nothing at all about music.  Strange.

Generally, if you tag your music so that the MusicBrainz id tag for the artist is included, that will help your configured artist scraper find the correct one.  Otherwise if you try a refresh on the artist info dialog you typically get a list of artists if the scraper gets multiple search results (not always easy to know which one to select except trial and error).

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show artist image when viewing music library by Artist and scrolling the list?0