[Issue] Setting up Windows Dev Env for the first time
Hi,

Try as I might to find the actual fix, I cannot, however I am sure when seeing the screenshot it will be obvious to the relevant maintainer.

During the step ./download-msys2.bat the operation fails, specifically when trying to install gcc, it silently fails and closes the window and carries on, however you cannot compile ffmpeg until resolving this issue. See https://imagebin.ca/v/7nMAh14hk6mi

Basically it is saying it cannot find windows-default-manifest-6.4.1 (the latest is 6.4.2), I am unclear but I assume that this is a mirror issue where 6.4.1 has been removed from the associated mirror locations and Kodi's definitions have not been updated. That said, I have been unable to track down where this is being defined to submit a pull request

Thanks

Malard
https://www.pulse-eight.com/ - HDMI-CEC products for Kodi
Older package versions are being removed from msys mirrors and that file was missed in the recent upload to Kodi's mirrors. Until it's uploaded there,

You could try deleting your project\BuildDependencies\downloads2 and run download-msys2.bat again. Another mirror picked at random may still have the file.
Or copy the windows-default-manifest-6.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz.sig from another Kodi build directory of the past few years.

msys was recently bumped to 20231026 for Kodi, but by default it references windows-default-manifest-6.4.1 and not windows-default-manifest-6.4.2,

edit: actually deleting downloads2 doesn't make the script re-download the packages, you'd have to delete/rename project\BuildDependencies\msys64
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I haven't got a legacy project I can grab this from. 

But this issue (which i've worked round manually) impairs new volunteers from being able to work on the project.

I am pretty confident that no mirror has the 6.4.1 file after about 30 different attempts.

Anyway, this is more of a FYI than anything, and I guess one of the team will need to action it Smile
https://www.pulse-eight.com/ - HDMI-CEC products for Kodi
It's on Kodi's main mirror site now, it likely needs a bit of time to be replicated to the other sites. You could try again later if you feel like confirming the issue was taken care of.

We didn't know about this and it worked fine for me in a new dir as I was writing my first reply here, so bad luck I guess...

If you were to build binary addons / libretro stuff, it's a different msys environment and I would have to bring someone else in.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Issue] Setting up Windows Dev Env for the first time0