Android Persistent Settings Issue with Kodi on Nvidia Shield
Hello,
I'm experiencing a problem with Kodi on my Nvidia Shield where the settings keep resetting. This issue happens occasionally and requires me to redo the following settings:

- Menus
- Language
- Timezone
- Media list display (order, folder visibility)
- Sound settings

However, settings for media sources and subtitle plugins are not affected. Can you help me understand why these resets are happening and how to prevent them?
Thanks for your help,

I will probably want logging but this problem can take weeks until it appears again so how would I go about collecting what you need?

Regards
I have this issue too. Maybe twice a month the settings get reset.
Best solution I found so far is to make a back up of guisettings.xml and just replace it when it get a reset. This way you dont have to manually redo everything each time.
I run Kodi on two Nvidia Shield Pros and have never experienced this issue. Running Kodi 20.2 and using Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod and Aeon MQ8 Nexus Mod.
All 3 of my Nvidia Shields are running original och updated software and Kodi is as mint as it can be with just addons for subtitles. I suspect that it has something to do with sleep mode so I will do some more testing around this. 

Backing up guisettings.xml in the meantime seems like a plan but will that also handle the lost sound settings?

I have turned on debug logging before but only when I can reproduce on demand, in this case its not possible and i Suspect that debug logging will write a lot of data and wear out the unit if its always on? Is there maybe a light logging that is always on and that I could check for errors?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Persistent Settings Issue with Kodi on Nvidia Shield0