Kicked off Patreon
Having supported Kodi on Patreon for more than a year, I got booted out, and 2 months refunded, with some message about "wrong currency".

This is despite all the charges being exactly the same since the start... I don't know what's going on, and whether it's a Patreon or Kodi thing, however losing paying supporters can't be good...
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
We got this by email from them this morning, which may explain things a bit:

Quote:Recently we identified an issue in our systems that resulted in some of your members being charged in the incorrect currency. We’ve resolved the issue and have initiated a full refund of these incorrect charges back to your members. You may notice a slight fluctuation in your payout balance due to this corrective measure.

Please note that this action has canceled the affected members’ recurring bill(s) and also impacts their ability to access your Patreon. We have notified your members regarding the refund with a link to rejoin your community.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience, and we’re taking steps to ensure the issue doesn’t happen again. Please reach out with any questions or concerns you may have.

Thank you,
The Patreon Team

So it's not just you, and it's beyond our control. That said, you're more than welcome to sign up again, which should work.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
It's very strange, cos the currency and amount was always the same... nothing changed in just those two months to make it different from all the others...
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
(2024-01-21, 22:47)wcndave Wrote: It's very strange, cos the currency and amount was always the same... nothing changed in just those two months to make it different from all the others...

It's not just you/Kodi.  A lot of Patreon issues like this have been happening over the past few months.
That's crazy.  People generally leave things as they are, and it takes effort to get people to take action.  So it's hard to get new subscribers, but once subscribed people tend to leave themselves subscribed even if they perhaps wouldn't re-subscribe...
So even if only 10% of people don't want to/can't be bothered to/forget to re-subscribe, this means you'd lose 10% of your patreon revenue, which might be your only supporting revenue.  And I bet the figure is way higher than 10%.

This is a horrible error on the part of Patreon.
We don't disagree at all, but as noted there's nothing we can do except hope that people do resubscribe again...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Aaaaand... here's where I discover there's a Kodi Patreon. How the hell did I miss it?!? Rofl
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kicked off Patreon0