• 3(current)
State of Kodi Media Players: Best Options in 2024
@jbinkley60, agree, a single box solution may not be possible. If one doesn't need 3D however, Fire Cube 3 (or Stick 4K Max) & Shield TV satisfy all requirements (at least those I listed).

@izprtxqkft, added N100 to post #1. Please LMK if I captured the pros/cons correctly.
(2024-01-26, 19:51)hdmkv Wrote: added N100 to post #1. Please LMK if I captured the pros/cons correctly.

captures my experience with it nicely 👍
(2024-01-25, 22:57)ashlar Wrote:
(2024-01-25, 22:53)Roby77 Wrote: sto cercando anche io il player definitivo da almeno un anno

per il momento mi faccio bastare la firestick 4k max gen 2 anche se purtroppo presenta il bug famoso del refresh rate con il mio avr (sia con denon x2000 che x2800)
rimpiango peró il nuc con libreelec

Sei Homatics s905x4 sembrava promettere bene

peccato che android 12 e relativo afr stiano impiegando mesi per vedere la luce e dts hd prima promesso non verrá mai rilasciato
What's the "famous bug" with refresh rate? Does it matter for Cube Gen 3 as well?

Ops i posted in italian sorry

Firestick Lost afr after TV switch off or after one play/stop

See for example

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0...-power-off

This bug exist also on fire os 8 (4 k gen 2)

Amazon after several month of logs and email replied that they never will fix this bug
(2024-01-26, 20:28)Roby77 Wrote:
(2024-01-25, 22:57)ashlar Wrote:
(2024-01-25, 22:53)Roby77 Wrote: sto cercando anche io il player definitivo da almeno un anno

per il momento mi faccio bastare la firestick 4k max gen 2 anche se purtroppo presenta il bug famoso del refresh rate con il mio avr (sia con denon x2000 che x2800)
rimpiango peró il nuc con libreelec

Sei Homatics s905x4 sembrava promettere bene

peccato che android 12 e relativo afr stiano impiegando mesi per vedere la luce e dts hd prima promesso non verrá mai rilasciato
What's the "famous bug" with refresh rate? Does it matter for Cube Gen 3 as well?

See for example

Amazon after several month of logs and email replied that they never will fix this bug
link to amazon forums is broken... what do you mean by "firestick lost afr"? And is it something concerning Cube Gen 3 as well?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2024-01-26, 19:51)hdmkv Wrote: @jbinkley60, agree, a single box solution may not be possible. If one doesn't need 3D however, Fire Cube 3 (or Stick 4K Max) & Shield TV satisfy all requirements (at least those I listed).

It's kind of unfortunate that 3D never really took off and has become more of a niche. 

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2024-01-26, 21:01)ashlar Wrote:
(2024-01-26, 20:28)Roby77 Wrote:
(2024-01-25, 22:57)ashlar Wrote: What's the "famous bug" with refresh rate? Does it matter for Cube Gen 3 as well?

See for example

link to amazon forums is broken... what do you mean by "firestick lost afr"? And is it something concerning Cube Gen 3 as well?

Afr works until I switch off TV or standby fire stick

If I switch off TV I lost afr function

To enable it again I must toggle afr button

I don't know why other user with same avr doesn't experience same problem

I suppose that is something concerning my AV setup (TV ? )

But many user has this bug and Amazon after several months of email sending logs replied with "this device has not been created to connect to avr"

Solution : use Dr hdmi to use a fixed Edid but doesn't work well with my old avr Denon x2000

Asap I will try with my new avr demon x2800

I don't know if the bug affect also cube

Edit : link fixed
(2024-01-26, 21:40)jbinkley60 Wrote: It's kind of unfortunate that 3D never really took off and has become more of a niche. 
For sure. Can't get more immersive home viewing than 3D in combi w/ATMOS or DTS:X.

3D is limping along. An official title here & there (like the upcoming 'The Marvels' in Japan, or catalog title like 'The Man Who Wasn't There' recently). There's also a Facebook group with unofficial MVC releases made from digital SBS versions released on Vudu & other online streaming sources. I have a vested interest in 3D with near 600 movies & series titles, and watching using a 3D projector on a 150" screen, it's a better experience than the best 4K flat presentations.
(2024-01-26, 19:51)hdmkv Wrote: added N100 to post #1. Please LMK if I captured the pros/cons correctly.

Are you sure that small Intel boxes have enough GPU power to run madVR effectively, for tone mapping purposes?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2024-01-26, 21:55)Roby77 Wrote: I don't know if the bug affect also cube

Edit : link fixed

@hdmkv do you know if Cube 3rd Gen is affected by this? Automated refresh rate switching is a must for me.
But did you understand that it affects only in some case ?

same Avr but different tv, i have the bug another user doesnt'have with same avr (denon x2800)
Don't have this issue with Cube 3 & Onkyo RZ50 AVR.
(2024-01-27, 16:40)hdmkv Wrote: Don't have this issue with Cube 3 & Onkyo RZ50 AVR.

Cube 3 is more powerlfull vs 4k max gen 2 if i read the specs correctly and d it passthrough audio Hd formats...correct ? 

What are the cons vs 4k max gen 2 ? 

I see that fire os is 7 instead of 8

maybe i can buy on amazon and try

Edit: i remember few ram and network card capped at 100 mbit

What about if i use a usb 3 dongle as firestick 4k max 2 ?
(2024-01-27, 17:16)Roby77 Wrote: Cube 3 is more powerlfull vs 4k max gen 2 if i read the specs correctly and d it passthrough audio Hd formats...correct ? 

yes

(2024-01-27, 17:16)Roby77 Wrote: Edit: i remember few ram and network card capped at 100 mbit

What about if i use a usb 3 dongle as firestick 4k max 2 ?

also yes, the ethernet on a cube gen3 is only 100Mbit so it's rather useless
when using an ethernet usb dongle i personally am able to get ~275Mbps which is more than enough for video
i also have very good Wifi6 so the cube gen3 does great on that as well - this is not the case for Everyone though, there are reports from other users that the Wifi will not keep up so it will be case by case based on your own network, router distance+capability+obstacles
(2024-01-27, 14:12)Roby77 Wrote: But did you understand that it affects only in some case ?

same Avr but different tv, i have the bug another user doesnt'have with same avr (denon x2800)
I have a X3800, which is why I'm interested in understanding how widespread this bug is and if it involves Cube Gen3.
After reading the link below I don't have any hope that afr bug doesn't occurs also on cube gen 3

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0...ed-too-red

Thread started in 2019 and it' still there after 4 yerars...lol

I read also someone reporting afr bug on fire cube

BUT I repeat

I have the bug with denon x2800 and the same with Denon x2000

Another user with denon x2800 (or x3800 I don't remember) no bug

Maybe if cube gen 3 price drop on Amazon I give a try
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
State of Kodi Media Players: Best Options in 20240