v20 RPI4 - Remote control problem between 'loca' remote and CEC remote
Hello Everyone,

long time lurker, first time poster here.

Just a quick check-in for a problem I have with RaspberyPI4 in an Argon One M2.SATA case. System is booting and running raspbian 64 lite from the SATA SSD. More or less single app use - Kodi - which is running as a service. Kodi was installed from the repos, Nexus. All good.

The Argon case has an IR receiver that can power on/off the RPI4. Argon script installed and everything runs smoothly as in fan control and I was able to configure the single IR button - power button. The rest of the buttons come from 2.4Ghz radio USB dongle.

But after the power-on is where the trouble starts with the remote control - which is a bog standard G10 air mouse. Tried my Minix A3 too, same probs.

I have this newish Panasonic TV and for now I have CEC active on the telly and also in Kodi since I like the fact the TV comes on and switches to the correct HDMI port when I power on the RPI4.

But it appears that the two remotes are clashing. My G10 seemingly clashes with the Panasonic remote that comes in via CEC.

The TV remote works fine except for long-press but the trouble with the TV remote is that it's a big cumbersome yoke, small sensitive buttons easy to catch the wrong one. I was hoping to use the G10 instead for Kodi.

But while CEC is on the G10/Minix button presses are all stuttery, sometimes presses lag for 3 or 4 seconds, it's an absolute pain. When I turn CEC off at the telly all is nice, but then I dont get the other benefits.

So I'm wondering would there be a configuration for the CEC plugin where I can use the power on and source switch via CEC but disable the CEC TV remote control?

Anyone come across a similar problem? 

Thx for reading!
Posting my own solution just in case this might help someone else...

Still don't know what the actual problem is/was but changing remote made the symptoms go away.

Rather than a USB radio dongle remote I now have the Argon remote which is pure IR. Meaning it's a different driver stack. From USB/HID to LIRC. And that seems to have completely settled the matter. I can now operate either remote in parallel and both work fine and seemingly without disturbing each other.

As for the Argon M2 case and the remote I must say I really like it.
There were some minor hiccups with the remote's power button setup and lircd.conf and kodi keymaps which were seemingly down to small bugs in the argon scripts, but these were easy enough to straighten out. But between booting and running straight from M2.SATA, having an IR remote power on and the raspi never getting hot enough for the fan being needed - this case makes a good argument for itself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPI4 - Remote control problem between 'loca' remote and CEC remote0