Music library needs to rescan tags from files
I'm running Kodi Omega Beta 3 with MariaDB as backend. A few days ago I had to drop and reimport the music database which was created with the same version of Kodi. I had also exported song information (ratings etc.) according to these instructions and imported them after importing the db. Since then, whenever I enter certain sections of the GUI pertaining to music (like artists or albums), I am always prompted "Music library needs to rescan tags from files. Would you like to scan now?" All info is there, though, as far as I can tell. The first time I had answered yes, but I keep getting prompted the next time although I am pretty sure the info in the db is 100% current.

Please help me understand why this keeps happening and which flag needs to be set to remove this prompt. A google search reveals that this issue is not exactly new, but discussions like THIS ONE did not provide me with any clues how to solve my issue. Also, the other problems always seemed to be related to Plex or Emby whereas I only use Kodi (with MariaDB).

For the LOG FILE I activated debug mode just before entering the music section and deactivated it after the prompt appeared.

Thanks in advance!
The dobbelina repo is not welcome in logs here.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
The mentioned repository is open source on Github. Kodi has a problem with open source now?
Open source / closed makes no difference.  If the repo provides for install of addons that likely access infringing content, they will be black-listed and Kodi forum will not provide support for systems having installed them.  If a repo provides a mix of addons, I suggest directly installing addons from zip which are not infringing, or locate alternative repos.

scott s.
Thanks for elaborating. I will get rid of the repo and redo the log.
Updated logfile.
Is there still a problem with the logfile?
Don't think so, but I don't see any issue?

scott s.
The issue is as described in the first post but the popup doesn't seem to register in the debug log. I guess a dev needs to chime in why the logged SQL queries might trigger he "... rescan" message and what could be done to fix it.
I hit this issue as well. I can't remember where it started since I had to re-scan *many* times recently due to the omega beta 3 video DB schema changes + I use jellyfin for movies and TV and that's currently broken on the current version of the addon but fixed on github. So at least omega beta 3 maybe one or two versions before (ie beta 2 or beta 1). I have other Kodi instances not impacted by this but that were *not* library reset nearly as much.

So far just re-scaning when asked didn't resolve it on the instance that hit this. Today I had the idea to delete the music DB file from disk first (<Kodi dir>/userdata/Database/MyMusic83.db), then re-scan. This worked. It's finally not asking me to re-scan every time I enter an album, like it always wasn't before.
Thanks for your input. Judging from your description, you're using a SQLite local database which you then deleted. I'm using a central database and basically would have to drop it and let Kodi rescan it from scratch. I guess I *could* do that but then this issue would remain a mystery. As I wrote in my first post. I DID drop the database after I had exported it, the re-imported it and ran the Kodi backup with the song ratings afterwards. This together must have caused some inconsistency and I 'm not at all sure that the inconsistency won't came back after running the Kodi song export. To troubleshoot the problem I need a dev willing to work with me on this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music library needs to rescan tags from files0