Disable Settings Button on Main Menu?
Is there a way to get back into the Settings if I disable the button on the main menu? I have a "curious" client who won't keep his hands out of settings, resulting in my constantly having to fix something.
From the shutdown menu.
Ha-Ha. That's another nightmare. I've disabled all options in that menu except to close KODI to avoid problems with all those buttons. Not sure that would prove to be an improvement, but it's good to know that's an option.
(2024-03-28, 16:57)hurricane51 Wrote: Ha-Ha. That's another nightmare. I've disabled all options in that menu except to close KODI to avoid problems with all those buttons. Not sure that would prove to be an improvement, but it's good to know that's an option.
Curiously I did basically the opposite. I disabled "Exit Kodi" and left only Settings and System Info (I think, going by memory here) in the shutdown menu. I then mapped ALT+F4 (Windows here) on the remote to exit Kodi.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable Settings Button on Main Menu?0