Kodi box without the bloat?
Hey, folks! I currently have a Fire TV and a buddy has the Nvidia Shield. Both run Kodi (obviously) but they come with so much bloat installed. Plus, no idea what all it's reporting home. I looked at the thread about available device choices and it says the Raspberry Pi 5 isn't for Netflix, etc. Netflix is mandatory for the wife. What's going to be the best option for JUST running Kodi and Netflix (as an App, I guess)? That's really all I ever watch stuff through so getting rid of the rest of the bloat would be nice. Thanks!
The Netflix requirement is going to severely restrict your options. My understanding is the Kodi Netflix addon is not currently working, so this rules out the option of using something like the Vero or something LibreElec based. Currently something Android based is likely your only option.
Agree, with Netflix requirement, especially if you want 4K w/it, really no non-bloat, non-spying boxes. Closest may be Shield TV or Google TV box/dongle using a custom launcher like Projectivy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi box without the bloat?0