Issue with TVDb V4 scraper
Hello,

I decided to rebuilt my library since I switched from local to MySQL database (I had problem trying to upload the advancedsettings.xml on an already working build) but I encounter the following problem with a particular TV show:
Quote:2024-04-03 19:59:35.392 T:1028    error <general>: Read - Error( -14, read call failed with "" )
2024-04-03 19:59:35.392 T:1028    error <general>: Process - <nfs://192.168.1.10/i-data/16e5a94e/nfs/Kodi/SerieTVAnimazione/The Simpsons (1989)/> source read failed with -14!

This is the full log.
The problem is described in this bug report and is only an issue with MySQL setups... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15768
The artwork limit is approx 65,000 characters. TVDB v4 is trying to add 121,906 characters. Almost double the limit.

While all our other scrapers have been modified to avoid this problem, the TVDB v4 still has some issues with it. It has been reported to them a few times, but they are yet to fix.
I suggest you make a bug report at the TVDB site.

Here is my tvshow.nfo file for The Simpsons... https://paste.kodi.tv/evuxututot
Copy it into your own tvshow.nfo file and then try scraping again. It should fix the problem. But you will need to download local artwork for the tvshow. Episode artwork is not affected.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen,
thank you for your reply as always! 

On the bug report they suggest to change the type of filed in LONGTEXT, do you think that is a valid workaround in my case, or it is better to wait for a fix?
(2024-04-09, 09:53)DMiTRij7 Wrote: do you think that is a valid workaround in my case
From what I have heard, it is a valid fix. If you don't want to use nfo files, then it's probably the better way to go as I have no idea when a fix from TVDB will be made.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I know it can sound strange, but I find easier to change the table type that using the nfo file (which I have never used).
By the way, thank you again and hope this bug does not affect also The Movie Database Python.
(2024-04-09, 10:07)DMiTRij7 Wrote: and hope this bug does not affect also The Movie Database Python.
It doesn't.
Nor does it affect TMDB TV Shows scraper.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with TVDb V4 scraper0