XBMC Live Boot - get start screen, then black...
I have an ATI 4850 on a G35 mobo. I picked the ATI boot option, and I see the XBMC start screen, a quick flash to a text login, then nothing.

I am booting from CD.

I've tried to install to USB, but that fails completely, with tons of errors.

Any ideas? I read the sticky, but it didn't appear to have a solution that was clear, at least when booting from CD.
I have exactly the same problem. Get passed splash screen only to get stuck at a slow flashing login screen

Using AMD Athlon 2200 with SIS 740 graphics

It will boot corrctly when I select Intel drivers but is very slow - SIS 740 only supports OpenGL 1.2 so which might explain that.
I have a similar problem. I'm running some fairly old hardware, well below spec, but I only really intend to use XBMC as a media server.
When I run the Live CD and choose the intel chipset it runs fine (albeit a bit slowly, which is to be expected). When I choose to install from the Live CD instead (directly to the HDD), the install succeeds and the XBMC load screen displays fine, but continues to a flashing login screen.
I suspect I need the config file mentioned in other threads, and whichever one is used when I run the intel config will obviously do the job, but I've got no idea where to find it.. or the login to use at the prompt when I want to copy it over.

Any help would be appreciated, XBMC is looking AWESOME, and would make for a wonderful out-the-box media server solution, as opposed to all the other systems that require serious fiddling!
In my case the problem was solved when i installed the software on an P-ata drive instead of the S-ata drive. Are you installing it on a S-ata controlled hdd?
Yup, I think it's a SATA, and it's the hardware I'm stuck with Wink
FlintZA,

I don't think it's a problem with SATA, since XBMC Live was able to detect it and install onto it. I installed XBMC 8.10 Live onto a SATA drive with no problems.

The flashing login screen is caused by XBMC trying to start X and failing, bouncing back to console, and repeating. You said your hardware is well below spec, which video card are you using? Have you checked your configurations for X or its logs?
I'm using whatever lame hardware is on the motherboard Wink
I tried briefly to log in, but wasn't sure of the expected credentials. I really haven't checked anything at all, to be honest I wouldn't know where to look.

With the Live version running off the disk though, my guess is that it's simply defaulting to whatever drivers or settings would be appropriate to Nvidia, since the install doesn't give the option to use other driver options like when you just run it off the CD.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live Boot - get start screen, then black...0