XBMC Library locks up when source isn't online - beta1
I have only one SMB source with lot of videos, everything is scraped to Library.

If SMB source is online getting to TV Shows - Title everything works fine.

Code:
23:49:23 T:3640 M:683888640   DEBUG: Time for actual SQL query = 19
23:49:23 T:3640 M:682041344   DEBUG: Time to retrieve movies from dataset = 295
23:49:23 T:3640 M:682024960   DEBUG: CFileItemList::Sort, sorting took 0 millis

BUT if SMB source is offline, XBMC locks up for few minutes (around 10mins in this case), and after that TV Shows are listed.

Code:
23:53:01 T:5720 M:676786176   DEBUG: Time for actual SQL query = 22
00:03:42 T:5720 M:730816512   DEBUG: Time to retrieve movies from dataset = 640779
00:03:42 T:5720 M:730808320   DEBUG: CFileItemList::Sort, sorting took 0 millis

Same behaviour with Movies - Title. So why should be SMB source available when accessing Library, that doesn't make any sense to me.
Is this a known bug? Do you need complete xbmc logs?

Ez
Does the library continue to work if you load XBMC up when the SMB source isn't online?

My mapped drive didn't mount properly once and I loaded up XBMC, upon XBMC trying to load the source (and obviously couldn't) it locked up so I force quit it and upon loading it back up, my library was completely hosed. Wouldn't detect any movies or auto rescan even though I have it enabled. I ended up having to blow my entire user directory and re-create my library.

Just wondering if you're experience was similar...
Everything else works fine (Year, Genres, Actors etc) only if I navigate through Title it hangs up for that long time... Sad
Try turning off "Look for remote thumbs" - it may be a music setting.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Unfortunately that didn't help. I've also tried to rebuild library, run xbmc on another computer, but nothing changed. There is only one SMB source being used and if it's not online when accessing Movie/TV Shows Title in Library it just locks up for few minutes.
Am I the only one with this problem? Can someone please try to reproduce it on his machine?
I've tried third Window Vista computer and there it works fine. So it has to be my machine related, maybe some TCP/IP timeout, driver or something? Any ideas?
So... It looks like this problem is fixed by Allowing Outbound Connections in Windows Firewall with Advanced Security or by making a New Firewall Rule for XBMC.exe. What's funny, that I had this rule for XBMC enabled all the time since installation! For some unknown reason it wasn't obviously working, and nothing was logged by firewall so it was just a guess. Anyway that rule still doesn't work when XBMC is located in Program Files\XBMC\ so I had to move XBMC directory somewhere else and change a location in the rule.

Anyway, it finally works now (yay!) but... Vista sux Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Library locks up when source isn't online - beta10