b43legacy Firmware
Running XBMC Live on a Windows XP 512MB system (Live CD), I get this:

"Error: Firmware File "b43legacy/ucode4.fw" not found or installed incorrectly
Check http://www.linuxwireless.org/en/users/Dr...cefirmware for more details."

It did work fine on Windows Vista, minus XBMC crashing to the desktop, but I've already seen that topic discussed within this forum.
CPU (processor) and GPU (graphics) hardware?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:CPU (processor) and GPU (graphics) hardware?

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.6GHz Hyper-Threading

GPU: ATI Radeon 9200 with 128MB memory
Simply put - you need to download the file off the net but be warned These b43 chips are a royal pain in the backside ( I have the AF1 version of the chipset).
I had no problems with my broadcom 43xx wifi on my old laptop. IIRC you can install the microcode with apt (assuming you're now running from USB not CD). BTW, the error is nothing to do with XBMC and is merely a requirement to load the kernel module for your wifi chipset.
althekiller Wrote:BTW, the error is nothing to do with XBMC and is merely a requirement to load the kernel module for your wifi chipset.

Ah, good call.. My desktop is in a "dead wireless area" and most of all it sucks at keeping a connection, so its just an ethernet cable run to it now. I suppose taking the wireless card out would solve this problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
b43legacy Firmware0