Does XBMC for Windows 'Atlantis' support dual-core processors?
Question 
I have an Opteron 150 (I think?) processor running at 1.7 GHz (I think?) with 2 GB RAM.

Currently I'm using Vista Media Center to play all my HD content (720p output) and it works flawlessly.

I understand that XBMC doesn't have Direct-X Acceleration (yet?) but does it support dual core decoding? Otherwise I doubt I'll be able to play even 720p content on my machine...
Beta 2 will support dual core decoding of h264 content. It'll be released very soon.

Beta 1 doesn't.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

HUGE! Thanks for the heads up!
That sounds great!

Is the beta 2 available for Windows via SVN or anything like that right now?
If you can compile the source, yes Big Grin
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Doh! I take it that it's not as easy as downloading mingw and running "make"? Smile
jmarshall Wrote:Beta 2 will support dual core decoding of h264 content. It'll be released very soon.

Beta 1 doesn't.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Great news!!!

How about GPU support?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
sofakng Wrote:Doh! I take it that it's not as easy as downloading mingw and running "make"? Smile

Almost Wink
The ffmpeg binaries are already in svn but you need an updated XBMC binary in order to use multicores.
WiSo Wrote:If you can compile the source, yes Big Grin

I this where i can find the newest beta2 source

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum...nth=200810

Build 15804 ??

[Xbmc-svn] SF.net SVN: xbmc:[15804] tags/Atlantis_beta2-linux-osx-win32/

Never compiled a source before.. just wondering if there is a learning curve involved?

Can i just copy the XBMC folder over my current one in windows..
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_compi...ource_code
Just tried it and I can now playback the 'Killa Sample' at full speed on my HTPC whereas before it was about 16FPS.

Thanks guys.
Is there any download links?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
maybe someone can help.. i just tried the complile link that wiso just posted..
Installed visual 2008 express edition, XBMC did compile (i think) but i cant find the installer..

However.. i was poking around the folders and came arcoss - XBMC 15810\project\Win32BuildSetup

I clicked on the buildsetup.bat it ran then made a folder called BUILD_WIN32.. i opened that and it look like the install files that i have on my working beta1 now..

so i ran the xbmc.exe and it opened windowed.. but im not sure if this is the pre beta2.. how can tell??

Hitcher - can you post a link? Would we only need the xbmc.exe to test this build out??
Hitcher Wrote:Just tried it and I can now playback the 'Killa Sample' at full speed on my HTPC whereas before it was about 16FPS.

Thanks guys.

what's your setup?
Swwethip1 Wrote:maybe someone can help.. i just tried the complile link that wiso just posted..
Installed visual 2008 express edition, XBMC did compile (i think) but i cant find the installer..

However.. i was poking around the folders and came arcoss - XBMC 15810\project\Win32BuildSetup

I clicked on the buildsetup.bat it ran then made a folder called BUILD_WIN32.. i opened that and it look like the install files that i have on my working beta1 now..

so i ran the xbmc.exe and it opened windowed.. but im not sure if this is the pre beta2.. how can tell??

Hitcher - can you post a link? Would we only need the xbmc.exe to test this build out??
That's it.

eriksmith200 Wrote:what's your setup?
Dell Vostro 200 - Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.33GHz - 2.00 GB RAM - Radeon HD 2400 graphics card

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does XBMC for Windows 'Atlantis' support dual-core processors?0