• 16(current)
Jittery Video?
-fs = Fullscreen
-p = Profile (store/use UserData from windows logged-in user profile location)

This is a HUGE thread so can someone efficiently sum-up the issue here?

I have a 65" Mits DLP and have no problem with 60Hz signal from my NVidia 9600GT
connections: 9600GT DVI 1080p out --> Onkyo 805 HDMI (switch/passthrough only) --> Mits HDMI
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I have finally fixed the video tearing problem i have had with XBMC for windows. Thanks to this thread. I have a ati hd 2600 and a 2.8 ghz pc with 3 gigs mem and win xp media center. I tried everything I have read here with no good results until i removed ati catayst and xbmc, then downloaded the latest versions. The settings I used were the ones previously mentioned here. I enabled vsync in catalyst and Alternate DVI operational mode under DTV - attributes (I use a DVI to HDMI cable so I thought this might help). In XBMC I used "let the driver decide option" for vsync.
I have both my pc display and my 42" lcd set to 1280 by 720 even though my set does 1080p. I really do not think it matters much as i am only viewing my own dvd iso rips.
This has been the 1st time in 2 weeks of playing with XBMC that I am very happy with what I am seeing. I just watched Hellboy 2 iso with no problems at all and it looked great. XBMC will now be my only Media Center. Thanks to everyone who posted, I could not have done it without your help.
Yeah, setting vsync to let driver decide fixed my jittery playback problems as well. The only problem is that when idling in the menus, as long as vsync is set to driver select, the CPU gets pegged at 50%.
mitul103 Wrote:Yeah, setting vsync to let driver decide fixed my jittery playback problems as well. The only problem is that when idling in the menus, as long as vsync is set to driver select, the CPU gets pegged at 50%.

Hi,

for me too. But only on my Nvidia based system.
What system do you have?

bye Sidekick
Sidekick Wrote:Hi,

for me too. But only on my Nvidia based system.
What system do you have?

bye Sidekick

It happens to me with a nvidia 9400gt, an ati 3450, and my onboard intel x4500.
For those that don't have the 100% issue and are on windows (which is a driver issue btw), you can add the following to your advancedsetting.xml

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<forcedswaptime>0.0</forcedswaptime>
</advancedsettings>

That will turn of our explicit sleeping to reduce the 100% issue. It has a uggly habit of causing very jittery playback thou. I've yet to deduce if it maybe doesn't cause the jitter on those systems that hit 100%cpu.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I so far have not had any luck with these fixes.

I'm using the Intel X4500HD on the G45 chipset. Ever since I installed 8.10 I've had jittery video, plays at 4-11fps and the cpu is barely even stressing itself, neither is memory. I'm at a loss as to what's causing it. I've tried reverting back to the patched svn build I was using but it doesn't fix it.
Is there some other location xbmc uses to store settings other then %USERPROFILE%\local settings\xbmc and %APPDATA%\XBMC?
Hello,

Where can I find advancedsetting.xml file?. I've been looking for in c:\documents and settings\.....\XBMC\userdata and c:\program files\...\XMBC\userdata unsuccesfully. So I created it in the first one path but I can't see any difference.

Thanks in advance.
You make it yourself - http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml
Just to add another data point: On my system (see below) I'm quite sure the jitter is reduced by setting VSync to "Driver decide" (I say "quite sure" because it wasn't terrible to begin with VSync at "Always enabled"). It's not supersmooth, I guess it's maybe the 3:2 thing going on with the 24fps material I watched (Wall-E 1080p)?

My system:

Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H w/ integrated nForce 630i/geForce 7100
E7300 @ 2.66Ghz
3Gb PC6400 ram
1280x720 (via HDMI)
Panasonic TH-50PX8 50" plasma, 24p compatible (96Hz)

EDIT: XBMC 8.10 On Windows XP SP3
Hi,

I've been following this thread for quite some time now and I can understand some of the frustration on the developers site.
A lot of complaining, partly solutions etc are surfacing over and over again.
The developers are aware now of this issue and I'm sure that we do ourselves, and the developers in particular a great help if we approach this more structured.
I therefore suggest everyone that bumps into this issue just post the following information:

Jitter summary: (eq. with horizontal panning, always, specific scenes etc)

Problem Media info:
Video codec:
Video resolution:
Video bitrate:
Audio codec:
Audio bitrate:

HTPC Config:
XBMC Build:
Windows Version:
Type of CPU:
RAM:
Video Chipset:
Video Driver version:
Windows Resolution:
XBMC Resolution:
XBMC Vsync setting:
I have created 3 sample MKVs, where all the jittery are discussing here, noticable. 2 scene from transporter 2, 1 from Wall-E. (About 1-1.5 minute each).

Can anybody help me to share with the community?
After somebody would make a torrent of them, I would able to seed them with high speed.
PM me mate.
I have the same problem. Clean and fast system. Latest XBMC. Latest drivers for everything.
atlanta,

Read 3 posts above yours.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jittery Video?1